Dodgers vs Rockies Prediction - MLB Picks 9/27/23
Colorado Rockies (57-99) vs Los Angeles Dodgers (96-60)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 8:40 pm (Coors Field)
Chase Anderson (1-6) (5.42) vs Emmet Sheehan (3-1) (5.13)
Betting Odds: Colorado Rockies +198 / Los Angeles Dodgers -220 --- Over/Under: 12 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Los Angeles Dodgers and Colorado Rockies face off on Wednesday in an MLB showdown at Coors Field. The two teams played in a doubleheader on Tuesday.
Emmet Sheehan Looks for Another Strong Start
On the mound for the Dodgers will be Emmet Sheehan and he has been good his last couple of appearances. Over his last two starts he has gone 7.2 innings and given up one hit and one run total. The Dodgers are averaging 5.61 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.3 runs per game. The offense is ranked 2nd while the pitching is ranked 10th. If the pitching is good here, the Dodgers should have a great shot.
Dodgers Betting Trends
- The Dodgers have lost five of their last six games as favorites against National League opponents following a win.
- The Dodgers have failed to cover the run line in each of their last eight road games against the Rockies following a road win.
- The Dodgers have led after 5 innings in each of their last eight night games at Coors Field against National League opponents.
- The Dodgers have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last five Wednesday night games against NL West opponents that held a losing record.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Dodgers' last four night games against National League opponents.
Noah Davis Needs to be Better
On the mound for the Rockies is Noah Davis and he sits with an 0-3 record and an ERA of 8.77. In his last start against the Cubs he went five innings giving up four hits and three runs. The Rockies are averaging 4.41 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.86 runs per game. The offense is ranked 19th while hte pitching is ranked 30th. Ryan McMahon has hit 23 home runs and driven in 70 RBIs.
Rockies Betting Trends
- The Rockies have won five of their last six games as underdogs against the Dodgers following a home loss.
- The Rockies have covered the run line in each of their last six home games against the Dodgers following a loss.
- The Rockies have led after 7 innings in six of their last nine games as home underdogs.
- The Rockies have led after 5 innings in three of their last four games as underdogs.
- The Rockies have led after 3 innings in three of their last four games as underdogs.
Dodgers vs Rockies Facts
- The Colorado Rockies rank 30th in the league for opponent batting average this season (.287).
- The Colorado Rockies rank 30th in the league for hits allowed this season (1540).
- The Los Angeles Dodgers rank 2nd in the league for RBI's this season (853).
- The Los Angeles Dodgers rank 2nd in the league for on-base percentage this season (.340).
Shane’s Free Pick
Sheehan has been dominant his last couple of appearances and even at Coors Field I expect that is going to continue here. Davis has been dominated all season and hes going to really struggle again in this game. Look for the Rockies to only score one or two runs and that is going to be the difference here. Back the Dodgers on the run line.