Cubs vs Braves Prediction - MLB Picks 9/27/23
Atlanta Braves (100-56) vs Chicago Cubs (82-74)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 7:20 pm (Truist Park)
() () vs Jameson Taillon (8-10) (5.18)
Betting Odds: Atlanta Braves / Chicago Cubs --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Chicago Cubs and Atlanta Braves clash Wednesday in game 2 of an MLB series at Truist Park. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Chicago Cubs Betting Preview
The Cubs need a win after losing 6 of their last 10 games. The Cubs are still holding onto that third wild card spot. The Cubs pitching staff is 14th in ERA (4.08), 15th in WHIP (1.28) and 4th in quality starts (70). The Cubs' offense is 6th in runs per game (5.08), 10th in batting average (.256) and 14th in homers (189). Nico Hoerner leads the Cubs with 173 hits and 68 RBI, while Cody Bellinger and Seiya Suzuki have combined for 291 hits and 168 RBI. Jameson Taillon gets the ball, and he is 8-10 with a 5.05 ERA and 134 strikeouts this season. Taillon is 1-0 with a 2.25 ERA and 12 strikeouts in his career against the Braves.
Chicago Cubs Team Facts
- The Cubs have won each of their last six games as road underdogs following a loss.
- The Cubs have covered the run line in each of their last 10 games as road underdogs against National League opponents following a loss.
- The Cubs have led after 3 innings in three of their last four games as underdogs.
- The Cubs have led after 7 innings in three of their last four games as underdogs against NL East opponents.
- The Cubs have led after 5 innings in four of their last five games as road underdogs.
Atlanta Braves Betting Preview
The Braves look for a win after winning 5 of their last 10 games. The Braves have the best record in baseball. The Braves pitching staff is 15th in ERA (4.09), 17th in WHIP (1.30) and 11th in quality starts (59). The Braves' offense is 1st in runs per game (5.83), 1st in batting average (.275) and 1st in homers (301). Ronald Acuna Jr. leads the Braves with 211 hits and 103 RBI, while Austin Riley and Matt Olson have combined for 339 hits and 200 RBI. Darius Vines gets the ball, and he is 1-0 with a 4.40 ERA and 9 strikeouts this season. This will be Vines’ first career game against the Cubs.
Atlanta Braves Team Facts
- The Braves have won 13 of their last 14 night games against National League opponents following a home win.
- The Braves have failed to cover the run line six of their last seven games against teams that held a winning record.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Braves' last four games as favorites against NL Central opponents.
- The Braves have trailed after 7 innings in nine of their last 13 games as favorites against NL Central opponents.
- The Braves have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last three games as favorites against National League opponents.
- The Atlanta Braves rank 1st in the league for runs scored this season (916).
- The Atlanta Braves rank 1st in the league for hits this season (1489).
- The Chicago Cubs are one of only 3 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both steals and batting average this season.
- The Chicago Cubs rank 5th in the league for on-base percentage this season (.331).
The Cubs have more to play for as they're fighting for their playoff lives, but it could be tough to rebound from last night's loss after being up 6-0 and then dropping a ball in the outfield. While still holding onto the last wild card spot, that loss was rough and just creates more pressure. Also, Jameson Taillon has a 5.05 ERA and has given up 26 homers. The Braves are the best offense is baseball and should be licking their chops seeing some of those numbers. I'll take a stab with the Braves at home.