Athletics vs Twins Prediction - MLB Picks 9/27/23
Minnesota Twins (83-73) vs Oakland Athletics (48-108)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 7:40 pm (Target Field)
Pablo Lopez (11-8) (3.65) vs Joey Estes (0-1) (9.64)
Betting Odds: Minnesota Twins -260 / Oakland Athletics +230 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports North Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Oakland Athletics and Minnesota Twins face off on Wednesday in an MLB showdown at Target Field.
Twins Gearing up for Postseason
The Twins are gearing up for the postseason after winning the American League Central and they could be resting some players this week. The Twins finally seem to have the pitching lined up to have success in the playoffs. In the last series against the Los Angeles Angels the Twins won two of the three games. The Twins are averaging 4.73 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.07 runs per game. On the mound for the Twins will be Pablo Lopez who sits with an 11-8 record and an ERA of 3.61.
Twins Betting Trends
- The Twins have won each of their last nine games as favorites against the Athletics.
- The Twins have covered the run line in seven of their last eight games against AL West opponents.
- The Twins have led after 7 innings in each of their last four games against the Athletics at Target Field.
- The Twins have led after 3 innings in each of their last three home night games.
Will Joey Estes be Better Here?
Joey Estes has made one major league appearance and he has really struggled this season. In his last start against the Oakland Athletics, he went 4.2 innings giving up six hits and six runs. He gave up three home runs. The A’s are averaging 3.62 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.71 runs per game. The offense is ranked 30th while the pitching is ranked 29th.
A's Betting Trends
- The Athletics have lost each of their last five games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Athletics have covered the run line in each of their last seven games against the Twins following a road loss.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Athletics' last three night games.
- The Athletics have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last six games at Target Field against opponents that held a winning record.
- The Athletics have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last six night games against American League opponents.
Twins vs A's Facts
- The Minnesota Twins rank 2nd in the league for runs allowed this season (638).
- The Minnesota Twins rank 4th in the league for walks this season (572).
- The Oakland Athletics rank 30th in the league for RBI's this season (547).
- The Oakland Athletics rank 30th in the league for batting average this season (.224).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Twins are going to win this game by six or seven runs. Estes really struggled in his first start, especially with the long ball and that is going to be the case again in this game. Look for Twins to score six or seven runs and that is going to be the difference here as Minnesota is going to get the job done. Back the Twins here to win this game by at least three runs. Back the Twins -2.5 to cash here.