Astros vs Mariners Prediction - MLB Picks 9/27/23
Seattle Mariners (84-72) vs Houston Astros (86-71)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 9:40 pm (T-Mobile Park)
Bryce Miller (8-6) (4.17) vs Framber Valdez (12-11) (3.39)
Betting Odds: Seattle Mariners +112 / Houston Astros -122 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Houston Astros and Seattle Mariners face off on Wednesday in an MLB showdown at T-Mobile Park.
Mariners Fight for Playoffs Life
The Mariners are playing with fire and they could miss the playoffs if they continue to lose these games. In the first game of this series the Mariners scored only one run and that led to the defeat. The Mariners are averaging 4.72 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.11 runs per game. The offense is ranked 12th in the league while the pitching is ranked 6th. Julio Rodriguez has hit 31 home runs and driven in 101 RBIs. On the mound for the Mariners will be Bryce Miller who sits with a 8-6 record and an ERA of 4.17.
Mariners Betting Trends
- The underdogs have won four of the last five games between the Astros and Mariners.
- The Mariners have covered the run line in each of their last seven games as underdogs against the Astros following a win.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Mariners' last four night games at T-Mobile Park.
Valdez Needs to Lockdown Here
On the mound for the Astros will be Framber Valdez who sits with a 12-11 record and an ERA of 3.39. In his last start he gave up four hits and six runs. The Astros are averaging 5.13 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.38 runs per game. The offense is ranked 5th in the league while the pitching is ranked 12th. Kyle Tucker has hit 29 home runs and driven in 110 RBIs so far this season.
Astros Betting Trends
- The Astros have lost seven of their last eight games as favorites.
- The Astros have covered the run line eight of their last nine road games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Astros have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last four games as favorites.
- The Astros have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last five games as favorites.
- The Astros have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last four games as favorites.
Mariners vs Astros Facts
- The Seattle Mariners rank 2nd in the league for walks allowed this season (400).
- The Seattle Mariners rank 3rd in the league for ERA this season (3.76).
- The Houston Astros rank 4th in the league for on-base percentage this season (.332).
- The Houston Astros are one of only 4 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both strikeouts and on-base percentage this season.
Shane’s Free Pick
Valdez really struggled in his last start and he’s going to have some major issues again in this game. The Mariners offense has been inconsistent as of late, but they are going to have no issue getting the bats going early here and that will be enough as the Mariners are going to get the job done. Back the Mariners on the run line.