Astros vs Mariners Prediction - MLB Picks 9/26/23
Seattle Mariners (84-71) vs Houston Astros (85-71)
Game Info: Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 10:05 pm (T-Mobile Park)
George Kirby (11-10) (3.58) vs Cristian Javier (9-4) (4.64)
Betting Odds: Seattle Mariners -147 / Houston Astros +124 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Houston Astros and Seattle Mariners clash Tuesday in game 2 of an MLB series at T-Mobile Park. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Houston Astros Betting Preview
The Astros need a win after losing 7 of their last 10 games. The Astros are 2.5 games out of the AL West. The Astros pitching staff is 9th in ERA (4.00), 15th in WHIP (1.28) and 7th in quality starts (68). The Astros offense is 5th in runs per game (5.13), 5th in batting average (.259) and 7th in homers (217). Alex Bregman leads the Astros with 156 hits and 96 RBI, while Kyle Tucker and Jeremy Pena have combined for 302 hits and 161 RBI. Cristian Javier gets the ball, and he is 9-4 with a 4.64 ERA and 149 strikeouts this season. Javier is 3-1 with a 2.45 ERA and 31 strikeouts in his career against the Mariners.
Houston Astros Team Facts
- The Astros have won each of their last 11 games as road underdogs.
- The Astros have covered the run line in each of their last 11 games as road underdogs.
- The Astros have led after 7 innings in each of their last nine games as road underdogs against American League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Astros' last five games at T-Mobile Park.
- The Astros have led after 3 innings in each of their last three games as road underdogs against American League opponents.
Seattle Mariners Betting Preview
The Mariners look to snap a 4-game losing streak. The Mariners are 1.5 games back in the AL wild card race. The Mariners pitching staff is 2nd in ERA (3.77), 3rd in WHIP (1.19) and 3rd in quality starts (71). The Mariners' offense is 12th in runs per game (4.72), 20th in batting average (.243) and 12th in homers (203). Julio Rodriguez leads the Mariners with 179 hits and 101 RBI, while Teoscar Hernandez and Ty France have combined for 300 hits and 148 RBI. George Kirby gets the ball, and he is 11-10 with a 3.58 ERA and 161 strikeouts this season. Kirby is 1-0 with a 2.53 ERA and 10 strikeouts in his career against the Astros.
Seattle Mariners Team Facts
- The Mariners have lost each of their last 10 games against teams that held a winning record.
- The road team has covered the run line in each of the last eight games between the Astros and Mariners.
- The Mariners have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last seven games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Mariners' last five games as favorites against AL West opponents.
- The Mariners have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last five games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
- The Seattle Mariners rank T29th in the league for triples this season (12).
- The Seattle Mariners rank 29th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1540).
- The Houston Astros rank 3rd in the league for strikeouts against this season (1202).
- The Houston Astros rank 4th in the league for hits this season (1394).
I'm not running to the window to back either of these playoff contenders that are racking up the losses and cant get out of their own way. The Astros are watching an AL West crown slip through their fingers, but the Mariners have lost 4 straight and are dropping quickly in the wild card race. With all that said, I'm going to elan toward whatever team that's giving me plus money if I have to pick a side. So, give me the Astros.