Padres vs Giants Prediction - MLB Picks 9/25/23
San Francisco Giants (77-79) vs San Diego Padres (77-79)
Game Info: Monday, September 25, 2023 at 9:45 pm (Oracle Park)
Logan Webb (10-13) (3.48) vs Blake Snell (14-9) (2.33)
Betting Odds: San Francisco Giants / San Diego Padres --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
The San Diego Padres and San Francisco Giants clash Monday in game 1 of an MLB series at Oracle Park. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
San Diego Padres Betting Preview
The Padres look for a win after winning 9 of their last 10 games. The Padres are 5 games back in the NL wild card race. The Padres pitching staff is 4th in ERA (3.84), 13th in WHIP (1.28) and 3rd in quality starts (71). The Padres' offense is 13th in runs per game (4.69), 19th in batting average (.244) and 13th in homers (202). Xander Bogaerts leads the Padres with 162 hits and 55 RBI, while Juan Soto and Fernando Tatis Jr. have combined for 295 hits and 183 RBI. Blake Snell gets the ball, and he is 14-9 with a 2.33 ERA and 227 strikeouts this season. Snell is 5-1 with a 1.83 ERA and 65 strikeouts in his career against the Giants.
San Diego Padres Team Facts
- The Padres have lost four of their last five games as road favorites against National League opponents.
- The underdogs have covered the run line in 10 of the Padres' last 11 games at Oracle Park.
- The Padres have won the first inning in each of their last three games against the Giants.
- The Padres have led after 7 innings in each of their last six games at Oracle Park against NL West opponents that held a losing record.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Padres' last eight road games against NL West opponents.
San Francisco Giants Betting Preview
The Giants need a win after losing 8 of their last 10 games. The Giants are 5 games back in the NL wild card race. The Giants pitching staff is 13th in ERA (4.06), 11th in WHIP (1.26) and 21st in quality starts (49). The Giants' offense is 23rd in runs per game (4.26), 27th in batting average (.238) and 19th in homers (169). Thairo Estrada leads the Giants with 128 hits and 48 RBI, while JD Davis and Wilmer Flores have combined for 227 hits and 126 RBI. Logan Webb gets the ball, and he is 10-13 with a 3.35 ERA and 187 strikeouts this season. Webb is 2-2 with a 2.77 ERA and 43 strikeouts in his career against the Padres.
San Francisco Giants Team Facts
- The Giants have won each of their last six home games against NL West opponents following a loss.
- The Giants have failed to cover the run line each of their last seven games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Giants have led after 7 innings in three of their last four games as home underdogs against NL West opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Giants' last four games as underdogs against NL West opponents.
- The San Francisco Giants rank 30th in the league for steals this season (54).
- The San Francisco Giants rank 1st in the league for walks allowed this season (392).
- The San Diego Padres rank 1st in the league for walks this season (631).
- The San Diego Padres rank T3rd in the league for home runs allowed this season (170).
Must win games for both teams if either is going to make this last week interesting for the wild card race. The difference is the Padres are playing some of their best ball of the season, with wins in 9 of their last 10 tries. Blake Snell has also been fabulous this season with a 2.33 ERA and 1.20 WHIP. Logan Webb has held his own the season as well with a 3.35 ERA, and he's usually money at Oracle, but the Giants as a team over the last few weeks haven't been good. I'll ride the hot hand and side with the Padres.