Diamondbacks vs Yankees Prediction - MLB Picks 9/25/23
New York Yankees (78-77) vs Arizona Diamondbacks (82-73)
Game Info: Monday, September 25, 2023 at 1:05 pm (Yankee Stadium)
Clarke Schmidt (9-9) (4.65) vs Merrill Kelly (12-7) (3.48)
Betting Odds: New York Yankees +105 / Arizona Diamondbacks -115 --- Over/Under: 7.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Arizona Diamondbacks and New York Yankees face off on Monday in an MLB showdown at Yankee Stadium. The two teams have split the first two games between the two teams.
Yankees Eliminated From Playoff Contention
The Yankees haven’t really had a shot at the playoffs in a couple of weeks, but they are officially eliminated after their loss on Sunday. The offense again was a big issue scoring only one runs and that led to the defeat. The Yankees are averaging 4.17 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.32 runs per game. The offense is ranked 24th in the league while the pitching is ranked 9th. On the mound for the Yankees is Clarke Schmidt who sits with a 9-9 record and an ERA of 4.65.
Yankees Betting Trends
- The Yankees have won five of their last six games as underdogs after playing the previous day.
- The Yankees have failed to cover the run line 11 of their last 12 day games against teams that held a winning record.
Diamondbacks Try to Hold Onto Playoff Spot
The Diamondbacks have been strong heading into this game and on Sunday they scored seven runs. The Diamondbacks are averaging 4.65 runs while their pitching is giving 4.75 runs per game. The offense is ranked 14th in the league while the pitching is ranked 20th. On the mound for the Diamondbacks is Merrill Kelly who sits with a 12-7 record and an ERA of 3.37. In his last start against the Giants he went 6.2 innings giving up three hits and one run.
Diamondbacks Betting Trends
- The Diamondbacks have lost eight of their last nine road games against American League opponents.
- The Diamondbacks have failed to cover the run line seven of their last eight day games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
- The Diamondbacks have led after 3 innings in each of their last three day games.
- The Diamondbacks have trailed after 7 innings in three of their last four games as favorites against AL East opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Diamondbacks' last three day games against AL East opponents.
Yankees vs Diamondbacks Facts
- The New York Yankees rank 29th in the league for batting average this season (.226).
- The New York Yankees rank T2nd in the league for hits allowed this season (1209).
- The Arizona Diamondbacks rank 4th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1202).
- The Arizona Diamondbacks rank 24th in the league for strikeouts this season (1288).
Shane’s Free Pick
I trust Kelly more, and the Diamondbacks bats are hot heading into this game. Look for Kelly to have another strong start like he did in the last game. He gave up only one run in his last start and he’s going to lockdown again here. The Yankees bats are going to have no answer, and Arizona is going to secure the victory.