White Sox vs Red Sox Prediction - MLB Picks 9/24/23
Boston Red Sox (76-79) vs Chicago White Sox (59-96)
Game Info: Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 1:35 pm (Fenway Park)
Kutter Crawford (6-7) (4.19) vs Mike Clevinger (8-8) (3.42)
Betting Odds: Boston Red Sox -155 / Chicago White Sox +130 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Chicago White Sox will play the Boston Red Sox in Game 3 of their series on Sunday afternoon at Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts. Boston won the first game in this series by a score of 3-2, while Chicago answered with a 1-0 win on Saturday.
White Sox Preview
The Chicago White Sox are 59-96 this season and they have lost three of their last four games. Prior to this series, Chicago lost two out of three games to the Nationals and three out of four games to the Twins. The White Sox have scored three runs or fewer in four straight games. The Chicago pitching staff has a 4.91 ERA, a 1.42 WHIP, and a .251 opponent batting average this year. The White Sox offense has scored 627 runs with a .239 batting average and a .293 on base percentage. Luis Robert is batting .264 with 38 home runs and 80 RBI’s for the White Sox. The projected starting pitcher for Chicago is Mike Clevinger, who is 8-8 with a 3.42 ERA and a 1.19 WHIP over 123.2 innings pitched this season.
Red Sox Preview
The Boston Red Sox are 76-79 this season and they have lost seven of their last nine games. Boston came into this series after losing two out of three games to the Rangers and all three games against the Blue Jays. The Red Sox have lost five series in a row. The Boston pitching staff has a 4.57 ERA, a 1.35 WHIP, and a .258 opponent batting average. The Red Sox offense has scored 752 runs with a .261 batting average and a .327 on base percentage this season. Rafael Devers is batting .275 with 33 home runs and 98 RBI’s for the Red Sox. The projected starting pitcher for Boston is Kutter Crawford, who is 6-7 with a 4.19 ERA and a 1.14 WHIP over 118 innings pitched this year.
Boston Red Sox Team Facts
- The Red Sox have lost each of their last four games as home favorites after playing the previous day.
- The Red Sox have failed to cover the run line in seven of their last eight games as home favorites against American League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Red Sox's last six day games against AL Central opponents.
- The Red Sox have trailed after 7 innings in six of their last eight games as home favorites.
Chicago White Sox Team Facts
- The White Sox have won nine of their last 10 road games against AL East opponents that held a losing record.
- The White Sox have covered the run line 14 of their last 15 road games against AL East opponents that held a losing record.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the White Sox's last seven games as road underdogs against American League opponents.
Boston Red Sox Player Prop Facts
- Rafael Devers has hit a home run in four of the Red Sox's last six day games against opponents that held a losing record.
- Rafael Devers has recorded at least one RBI in five of the Red Sox's last six day games against opponents that held a losing record.
- Adam Duvall has recorded two or more total bases in each of his six previous Sunday appearances at Fenway Park.
- Adam Duvall has scored a run in four of his five previous appearances with his team as a home favorite against the White Sox.
- Rafael Devers has recorded at least one hit in each of his last nine Sunday day appearances.
Chicago White Sox Player Prop Facts
- Luis Robert has hit at least one home run in three of the White Sox's last four games as underdogs against the Red Sox.
- Luis Robert has recorded an RBI in four of his last five road appearances after playing the previous day.
- Luis Robert has scored at least one run in each of the White Sox's last four games against the Red Sox.
- Luis Robert has recorded two or more total bases in seven of his last nine appearances in day games against AL teams that held a losing record.
- Mike Clevinger has recorded seven or more strikeouts in four of his last five appearances.
- Luis Robert has recorded at least one hit in each of his last 10 appearances against the Red Sox after playing the previous day.
- Luis Robert ranks 7th amongst qualified players for Slugging Percentage (.542) this season.
- The Boston Red Sox rank 3rd in the league for batting average this season (.261).
- The Boston Red Sox rank 26th in the league for hits allowed this season (1373).
- The Chicago White Sox rank 29th in the league for walks allowed this season (623).
- The Chicago White Sox rank 28th in the league for runs scored this season (627).
The White Sox come into this game with a 29-51 record on the road and they have been pretty bad over the last two months. The Red Sox have really struggled over the last nine games and they are the only team below .500 in the AL East. Boston is starting Kutter Crawford, who has allowed 2, 1, 5, and 6 earned runs in his last four starts. Chicago is starting Mike Clevinger, who has allowed three total earned runs in his last three starts (22 IP). Take the White Sox here.