Giants vs Dodgers Prediction - MLB Picks 9/23/23
Los Angeles Dodgers (94-59) vs San Francisco Giants (77-77)
Game Info: Saturday, September 23, 2023 at 9:10 pm (Dodger Stadium)
Clayton Kershaw (12-4) (2.52) vs Ross Stripling (0-5) (5.40)
Betting Odds: Los Angeles Dodgers / San Francisco Giants --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The San Francisco Giants will play the Los Angeles Dodgers in Game 3 of their series on Saturday night at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California. The Dodgers won the first game in this series by a score of 7-2 on Thursday, while San Francisco won 5-1 on Friday night.
The San Francisco Giants are 77-77 this season and they have lost six of their last eight games. Prior to this series, San Francisco lost both games in their mini series with Arizona. The Giants are three games behind the Cubs for the last NL Wild Card spot. The San Francisco pitching staff has a 4.06 ERA, a 1.26 WHIP, and a .254 opponent batting average this season. The Giants offense has scored 662 runs with a .239 batting average and a .315 on base percentage. J.D. Davis is batting .249 with 18 home runs and 69 RBI’s for the Giants. The projected starting pitcher for San Francisco is Ross Stripling, who is 0-5 with a 5.40 ERA and a 1.32 WHIP over 81.2 innings pitched this year.
The Los Angeles Dodgers are 94-59 this season and they have won six of their last eight games. Los Angeles came into this series after winning two out of three games against the Tigers at home. The Dodgers have lost two of their last three games, scoring three total runs in the two losses. The Los Angeles pitching staff has a 4.09 ERA, a 1.21 WHIP, and a .237 opponent batting average. The Dodgers offense has scored 859 runs with a .256 batting average and a .340 on base percentage this year. Freddie Freeman is batting .334 with 26 home runs and 95 RBI’s for the Dodgers. The projected starting pitcher for Los Angeles is Clayton Kershaw, who is 12-4 with a 2.52 ERA and a 1.06 WHIP over 121.1 innings pitched this season.
Los Angeles Dodgers Team Facts
- The Dodgers have won seven of their last eight night games against NL West opponents following a loss.
- The Dodgers have covered the run line in seven of their last eight night games against NL West opponents following a loss.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last five games between the Giants and Dodgers.
San Francisco Giants Team Facts
- The Giants have lost each of their last six games following a road win.
- The Giants have failed to cover the run line in 13 of their last 14 road games against National League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Giants' last four night games at Dodger Stadium.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers rank 2nd in the league for home runs this season (238).
- The Los Angeles Dodgers rank 2nd in the league for RBI's this season (832).
- The San Francisco Giants rank 1st in the league for home runs allowed this season (164).
- The San Francisco Giants rank 26th in the league for batting average this season (.239).
The Giants were able to get a big win on Friday night to stay relative in the NL Wild Card race, but they need to probably win the next two games in this series to stay close. The Dodgers have clinched the NL West and they are 51-28 at home, while San Francisco is 34-45 on the road. LA is starting Clayton Kershaw, who has allowed four earned runs in his last 14 innings of work. The Giants haven’t announced an official starting pitcher, but it may be Ross Stripling, who allowed three earned runs over 3.1 innings in his first appearance after coming off of the IL. Take the Dodgers -1.5 in this game.