White Sox vs Red Sox Prediction - MLB Picks 9/22/23
Boston Red Sox (75-78) vs Chicago White Sox (58-95)
Game Info: Friday, September 22, 2023 at 7:10 pm (Fenway Park)
Chris Sale (6-4) (4.66) vs Touki Toussaint (4-7) (5.40)
Betting Odds: Boston Red Sox -205 / Chicago White Sox +186 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: NESN Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Chicago White Sox and Boston Red Sox face off on Friday in an MLB showdown at Fenway Park.
White Sox Have Lost Four in a Row
The White Sox have really struggled heading into this game and they have lost four games in a row. On Wednesday, the White Sox pitching gave up 13 runs and that led to the 10 run defeat. The White Sox are averaging 4.08 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.27 runs per game. The offense is ranked 28th in the league while the pitching is ranked 27th. On the mound for the White Sox will be Touki Toussaint and he sits with a 4-7 record and an ERA of 5.40.
White Sox Betting Trends
- The White Sox have won four of their last five games as road underdogs against the Red Sox.
- The White Sox have covered the run line 12 of their last 13 road games against AL East opponents that held a losing record.
- The White Sox have led after 3 innings in four of their last six games as road underdogs against AL East opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the White Sox's last five road games against American League opponents.
Can Chris Sale Finish the Season Strong?
On the mound for the Red Sox is Chris Sale and the hope is that he can finish the season strong. Coming into this game with a 6-4 record and an ERA of 4.66. In his last start against the Toronto Blue Jays he went six innings giving up two hits and one run. The Red Sox are averaging 4.89 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.89 runs per game. The offense is ranked 9th in the league while the pitching is ranked 22nd. Rafael Devers has hit 33 home runs and driven in 98 RBIs.
Red Sox Betting Trends
- The Red Sox have lost five of their last six games as home favorites.
- The Red Sox have covered the run line in 10 of their last 11 games against the White Sox following a road loss.
- The Red Sox have trailed after 7 innings in five of their last six games as home favorites.
- The Red Sox have won the first inning in each of their last three home games.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Red Sox's last three games at Fenway Park.
White Sox vs Red Sox Facts
- The Boston Red Sox rank 3rd in the league for batting average this season (.261).
- The Boston Red Sox rank 26th in the league for hits allowed this season (1361).
- The Chicago White Sox rank 29th in the league for walks allowed this season (618).
- The Chicago White Sox rank 28th in the league for runs scored this season (624).
Shane’s Free Pick
Sale looked good in his last start and the White Sox’s offense is a big issue. White Sox are going to really struggle to get any sort of type of offense going here and they won’t finish with more than two runs. Look for the Red Sox to run up the score here, and they are going to get the job done. Back the Red Sox on the run line.