Orioles vs Guardians Prediction - MLB Picks 9/22/23
Cleveland Guardians (72-81) vs Baltimore Orioles (95-57)
Game Info: Friday, September 22, 2023 at 7:10 pm (Progressive Field)
Shane Bieber (5-6) (3.77) vs Dean Kremer (12-5) (4.17)
Betting Odds: Cleveland Guardians +115 / Baltimore Orioles -125 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MASN 2 Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Baltimore Orioles and Cleveland Guardians face off on Friday in an MLB showdown at Progressive Field.
Guardians Only Playing for Next Season
At one point after the All-Star break the Guardians actually led the American League Central, but they have really fallen off and now they are playing for next season. The Guardians were swept in their last series against the Kansas City Royals and the pitching wasn’t good enough. The Guardians are averaging 4.09 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.24 runs per game. The offense is ranked 27th in the league while the pitching is ranked 7th. Josh Naylor has hit 17 home runs and driven in 93 RBis. On the mound for the Guardians is Shane Bieber who sits with a 5-6 record and an ERA of 3.77.
Guardians Betting Trends
- The underdogs have won each of the Guardians' last five games.
- The underdogs have covered the run line in 14 of the Guardians' last 15 games.
- The Guardians have led after 5 innings in each of their last five games as home underdogs against American League opponents.
- The Guardians have led after 7 innings in each of their last four games as underdogs against American League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Guardians' last five games at Progressive Field.
Orioles Looks for Bats to Continue Success
The Orioles bats were good against the Houston Astros in two of the games and in those games they were able to secure the wins. The Orioles are averaging 5.1 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.28 runs per game. The offense is ranked 6th in the league while the pitching is ranked 8th. On the mound for the Orioles is Dean Kremer who sits with a 12-5 record and an ERA of 4.17. In his last start against the Rays he went five innings giving up two hits and one run.
Orioles Betting Trends
- The Orioles have lost five of their last six games as favorites.
- The underdogs have covered the run line in each of the Orioles' last six games.
- The Orioles have trailed after 7 innings in four of their last six games as favorites.
Guardians vs Orioles Facts
- The Cleveland Guardians rank 2nd in the league for home runs allowed this season (165).
- The Cleveland Guardians rank T28th in the league for RBI's this season (592).
- The Baltimore Orioles rank 6th in the league for RBI's this season (754).
- The Baltimore Orioles rank 6th in the league for batting average this season (.257).
Shane’s Free Pick
I don’t trust the Guardians offense and they are going to really struggle again in this game. Dean Kremer gave up only one run in his last start and he’s going to lockdown here. Shane Bieiber is also going to have a strong game on the ground and that is going to be the difference here as this game is going to be lower scoring. Back the under to cash here.