Mariners vs Rangers Predictions - MLB Picks 9/22/23
Texas Rangers (84-68) vs Seattle Mariners (84-68)
Game Info: Friday, September 22, 2023 at 8:05 pm (Globe Life Field)
Dane Dunning (10-6) (3.78) vs Bryce Miller (8-5) (3.88)
Betting Odds: Texas Rangers -125 / Seattle Mariners +115 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Southwest Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Seattle Mariners and Texas Rangers face off on Friday in an MLB showdown at Globe Life Field. This is a huge series that could end up deciding the American League West.
Mariners Coming Off Sweep
We talked about how the Mariners needed to sweep the Oakland Athletics and that’s exactly what they were able to do. During the three games the Mariners pitching gave up only five runs total and they are going to need good pitching again in this game. On Wednesday, the Mariners were able to knock off the Athletics 6-3. Julio Rodriguez, Cal Raleigh, and Dominic Canzone also hit a home run. The Mariners are averaging 4.75 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.06 runs per game, On the mound for the Mariners will be Bryce Miller who sits with a 6-5 record and an ERA of 3.88.
Mariners Betting Trends
- The Mariners have won each of their last nine road games against AL West opponents following a win.
- The Mariners have covered the run line in each of their last nine games as road underdogs against AL West opponents.
- The Mariners have won the first inning in three of their last four games as road underdogs against American League opponents.
- The Mariners have led after 5 innings in each of their last six road games against AL West opponents.
- The Mariners have led after 7 innings in each of their last five games against American League opponents.
Rangers Offense Coming Off Big Game
On the other side of this matchup is the Rangers and they have won two games in a row. In the last game against the Boston Red Sox, the Rangers scored the 15 runs, and that was enough to win by 10 points. Evan Carter finished with three hits, two runs, and two RBIs. The Rangers are averaging 5.53 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.47 runs per game. On the mound for the Rangers will be Dane Dunning who sits with a 10-6 record and an ERA of 3.78.
Rangers Betting Trends
- The Rangers have lost eight of their last nine home games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Rangers have failed to cover the run line each of their last nine games at Globe Life Field against teams that held a winning record.
- The Rangers have led after 5 innings in each of their last four night games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
- The Rangers have led after 7 innings in each of their last five home games.
Mariners vs Rangers Facts
- The Texas Rangers rank 2nd in the league for batting average this season (.266).
- The Texas Rangers rank 3rd in the league for runs scored this season (841).
- The Seattle Mariners rank 29th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1506).
- The Seattle Mariners rank 2nd in the league for walks allowed this season (386).
Shane’s Free Pick
These are both offenses that have confidence heading into this game but in this game it’s all going to be about the pitching. Dunning and Miller have both been good this season, and this is going to feel like a playoff series. If one pitcher is struggling I expect they will be pulled early and they will go to the bullpen. This game is going to finish with only five or six runs scored and the under will cash.