Giants vs Dodgers Prediction - MLB Picks 9/22/23
Los Angeles Dodgers (94-58) vs San Francisco Giants (76-77)
Game Info: Friday, September 22, 2023 at 10:10 pm (Dodger Stadium)
() () vs Sean Manaea (6-6) (4.82)
Betting Odds: Los Angeles Dodgers -159 / San Francisco Giants +146 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Los Angeles Dodgers and San Francisco Giants do battle Friday night in game 2 of an MLB series at Dodger Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
San Francisco Giants Betting Preview
The Giants need a win after losing 6 of their last 7 games. The Giants are 2.5 games back in the NL wild card race. The Giants pitching staff is 12th in ERA (4.07), 11th in WHIP (1.27) and 20th in quality starts (48). The Giants' offense is 21st in runs per game (4.31), 24th in batting average (.242) and 19th in homers (164). Thairo Estrada leads the Giants with 127 hits and 47 RBI, while JD Davis and Wilmer Flores have combined for 226 hits and 126 RBI. Sean Manaea gets the ball, and he is 6-6 with a 4.82 ERA and 118 strikeouts this season. Manaea is 0-5 with a 9.00 ERA and 37 strikeouts in his career against the Dodgers.
San Francisco Giants Team Facts
- The Giants have lost each of their last seven games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Giants have failed to cover the run line in each of their last 13 road games.
- The Giants have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last six games against National League opponents that held a winning record.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Giants' last five games at Dodger Stadium.
- The Giants have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last six games against National League opponents that held a winning record.
Los Angeles Dodgers Betting Preview
The Dodgers look for a win after winning 6 of their last 7 games. The Dodgers have the third-best record in the NL. The Dodgers pitching staff is 15th in ERA (4.12), 5th in WHIP (1.21) and 19th in quality starts (49). The Dodgers' offense is 2nd in runs per game (5.64), 9th in batting average (.257) and 2nd in homers (237). Freddie Freeman leads the Dodgers with 198 hits and 94 RBI, while Mookie Betts and Will Smith have combined for 286 hits and 175 RBI. The Dodgers didn’t list a starting pitcher at the time this article was published.
Los Angeles Dodgers Team Facts
- The Dodgers have won 13 of their last 15 games against NL West opponents.
- The Dodgers have failed to cover the run line in each of their last four games following a home win.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last five games between the Giants and Dodgers at Dodger Stadium.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers rank 1st in the league for walks this season (617).
- The Los Angeles Dodgers rank 2nd in the league for runs scored this season (858).
- The San Francisco Giants rank 30th in the league for steals this season (53).
- The San Francisco Giants rank 1st in the league for walks allowed this season (385).
Sean Manaea has been hit or miss this season, but he's been miss all year on the road, where he has a 6.08 ERA and .268 allowed batting average. The Giants are also piling up the losses at the worst possible time as they're quickly playing themselves out of the wild card race. The Dodgers are fighting for the best record possible for possible home field throughout the playoffs. Two teams heading in different directions, so give me the Dodgers and the reasonable price regardless of who takes the hill.