Brewers vs Marlins Prediction - MLB Picks 9/22/23
Miami Marlins (79-74) vs Milwaukee Brewers (87-66)
Game Info: Friday, September 22, 2023 at 6:40 pm (loanDepot park)
() () vs Corbin Burnes (9-8) (3.56)
Betting Odds: Miami Marlins / Milwaukee Brewers --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Milwaukee Brewers will play the Miami Marlins in Game 1 of their series on Friday night at loanDepot park in Miami, Florida. The Marlins just dropped two out of three games to the Mets, while the Brewers had a series win against the Cardinals.
The Milwaukee Brewers are 87-66 this season and they have won six of their last eight games. Milwaukee is coming off of a series win against St. Louis, where they won three out of four games on the road. The Brewers have scored 5+ runs in five of their last seven games. The Milwaukee pitching staff has a 3.74 ERA, a 1.18 WHIP, and a .225 opponent batting average this season. The Brewers offense has scored 686 runs with a .239 batting average and a .318 on base percentage. William Contreras is batting .284 with 17 home runs and 74 RBI’s for the Brewers. The projected starting pitcher for Milwaukee is Corbin Burnes, who is 9-8 with a 3.56 ERA and a 1.07 WHIP over 184.2 innings pitched this year.
The Miami Marlins are 79-74 this season and they have won four of their last six games. Miami is coming off of a series loss to the Mets, where they lost two out of three games at home. The Marlins were able to score 36 runs over three games against Atlanta last weekend, but they only managed to score eight runs against New York. The Miami pitching staff has a 4.18 ERA, a 1.29 WHIP, and a .245 opponent batting average. The Marlins offense has scored 637 runs with a .259 batting average and a .315 on base percentage this year. Jorge Soler is batting .244 with 36 home runs and 73 RBI’s for the Marlins. The projected starting pitcher for Miami has not been announced yet.
Miami Marlins Team Facts
- The Marlins have won each of their last five night games against National League opponents following a home loss.
- The Marlins have failed to cover the run line in eight of their last nine games against NL Central opponents following a loss.
- The Marlins have led after 3 innings in each of their last four games against opponents that held a winning record.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Marlins' last four games.
Milwaukee Brewers Team Facts
- The Brewers have won seven of their last eight night games against NL East opponents.
- The Brewers have covered the run line in seven of their last eight night games against NL East opponents.
- The Brewers have won the first inning in each of their last three games against the Marlins at LoanDepot Park.
- The Brewers have led after 7 innings in each of their last five Friday night games.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Brewers' last three games at LoanDepot Park.
- The Miami Marlins rank 5th in the league for batting average this season (.259).
- The Miami Marlins rank 26th in the league for steals this season (79).
- The Milwaukee Brewers rank 2nd in the league for runs allowed this season (616).
- The Milwaukee Brewers rank 3rd in the league for ERA this season (3.74).
The Marlins come into this game tied for the last spot in the NL Wild Card race with the Cubs, but the Reds and Giants are right behind them. Milwaukee has ran away with the NL Central and they are 42-36 on the road this year. The Brewers are starting Corbin Burnes, who has allowed 4, 0, and 4 earned runs in his last three starts. The Marlins need this win a lot more than Milwaukee does, but I am going to ride with Burnes and the Brewers in this matchup.