Angels vs Twins Prediction - MLB Picks 9/22/23
Minnesota Twins (81-72) vs Los Angeles Angels (69-84)
Game Info: Friday, September 22, 2023 at 8:10 pm (Target Field)
Pablo Lopez (10-8) (3.63) vs Tyler Anderson (6-6) (5.43)
Betting Odds: Minnesota Twins -286 / Los Angeles Angels +235 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Los Angeles Angels and Minnesota Twins clash Friday in game 1 of an MLB series at Target Field. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Los Angeles Angels Betting Preview
The Angels need a win after losing 7 of their last 8 games. The Angels are 1 of 4 AL teams bounced from the playoff race. The Angels pitching staff is 23rd in ERA (4.70), 25th in WHIP (1.42) and 22nd in quality starts (46). The Angels' offense is 15th in runs per game (4.60), 18th in batting average (.246) and 3rd in homers (221). Shohei Ohtani leads the Angels with 151 hits and 95 RBI, while Brandon Drury and Luis Rengifo have combined for 218 hits and 126 RBI. Davis Daniel gets the ball, and he is 0-0 with a 0.00 ERA and 1 strikeout this season. This will be Daniel’s first career game against the Twins.
Los Angeles Angels Team Facts
- The Angels have won each of their last eight night games against the Twins following a road loss.
- The Angels have covered the run line in each of their last nine games against the Twins following a road loss.
- The Angels have won the first inning in three of their last four games as road underdogs against AL Central opponents.
- The Angels have led after 5 innings in each of their last seven road games against AL Central opponents.
- The Angels have led after 7 innings in each of their last seven road games against AL Central opponents.
Minnesota Twins Betting Preview
The Twins look for a win after winning 6 of their last 9 games. The Twins have an 8.5 game lead in the AL Central. The Twins pitching staff is 6th in ERA (3.89), 4th in WHIP (1.20) and 1st in quality starts (72). The Twins offense is 11th in runs per game (4.71), 22nd in batting average (.242) and 4th in homers (218). Carlos Correa leads the Twins with 118 hits and 65 RBI, while Max Kepler and Donovan Solano have combined for 208 hits and 98 RBI. Pablo Lopez gets the ball, and he is 10-8 with a 3.58 ERA and 221 strikeouts this season. This will be Lopez’s second career game against the Angels.
Minnesota Twins Team Facts
- The Twins have lost each of their last six games against the Angels following a win.
- The Twins have failed to cover the run line in each of their last seven home games against the Angels following a win.
- The Twins have led after 7 innings in each of their last five Friday games.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last six games between the Angels and Twins at Target Field.
- The Minnesota Twins rank 30th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1576).
- The Minnesota Twins rank 2nd in the league for strikeouts this season (1441).
- The Los Angeles Angels rank 3rd in the league for home runs this season (221).
- The Los Angeles Angels rank 28th in the league for steals this season (71).
The Angels continue to pile up the losses as they look more and more like a team that's ready for the season to end. Davis Daniel doesn't inspire confidence given he has just 3 innings under his belt. The Twins are closing in on a division title, and they have their ace on the mound on in Pablo Lopez. Lopez has allowed 6 runs in his last 19 innings, pitching some of his est ball since coming over from Miami. I have to side with the Twins and the RL for max betting value.