Brewers vs Cardinals Prediction - MLB Picks 9/21/23
St. Louis Cardinals (67-85) vs Milwaukee Brewers (86-66)
Game Info: Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 1:15 pm (Busch Stadium)
Miles Mikolas (7-12) (4.84) vs Wade Miley (8-4) (3.38)
Betting Odds: St. Louis Cardinals -120 / Milwaukee Brewers +100 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Milwaukee Brewers will play the St. Louis Cardinals in Game 4 of their series on Thursday afternoon at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri. St. Louis won the first game in this series by a score of 1-0, but Milwaukee won the last two games by scores of 7-3 and 8-2.
The Milwaukee Brewers are 86-66 this season and they have won five of their last seven games. The Brewers continue to pull away in the NL Central and they lead the Cubs by seven games. The Milwaukee pitching staff has a 3.76 ERA, a 1.18 WHIP, and a .226 opponent batting average this season. The Brewers offense has scored 680 runs with a .239 batting average and a .318 on base percentage. Willy Adames is batting .212 with 24 home runs and 78 RBI’s for the Brewers. The projected starting pitcher for Milwaukee is Wade Miley, who is 8-4 with a 3.38 ERA and a 1.14 WHIP over 109.1 innings pitched this year.
The St. Louis Cardinals are 67-85 this season and they have lost four of their last six games. St. Louis has struggled this season, but they are 9-7 in their last 16 games. The Cardinals are trying to finish the season strong, but they are currently last in the NL Central. The St. Louis pitching staff has a 4.76 ERA, a 1.45 WHIP, and a .275 opponent batting average. The Cardinals offense has scored 683 runs with a .251 batting average and a .327 on base percentage this year. Paul Goldschmidt is batting .269 with 25 home runs and 79 RBI’s for the Cardinals. The projected starting pitcher for St. Louis is Miles Mikolas, who is 7-12 with a 4.84 ERA and a 1.32 WHIP over 182.1 innings pitched this season.
St. Louis Cardinals Team Facts
- The Cardinals have won each of their last six day games at Busch Stadium following a home loss.
- The Cardinals have covered the run line in each of their last six day games at Busch Stadium following a home loss.
- The Cardinals have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last five Thursday day games against National League opponents that held a winning record.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Cardinals' last four games as home favorites against National League opponents.
Milwaukee Brewers Team Facts
- The Brewers have won four of their last five games as road underdogs against NL Central opponents following a win.
- The Brewers have covered the run line in each of their last eight games as underdogs against NL Central opponents.
- The Brewers have led after 7 innings in 10 of their last 14 games as underdogs.
- The Brewers have led after 5 innings in five of their last six games as underdogs against National League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Brewers' last three games as road underdogs.
- The St. Louis Cardinals rank 29th in the league for opponent batting average this season (.275).
- The St. Louis Cardinals rank 2nd in the league for home runs allowed this season (164).
- The Milwaukee Brewers rank 2nd in the league for runs allowed this season (616).
- The Milwaukee Brewers rank 3rd in the league for ERA this season (3.76).
The Brewers come into this game looking for another series win and they lead the season series 5-4 so far. Milwaukee is 41-36 on the road, while St. Louis is 33-44 at home this year. The Cardinals are starting Miles Mikolas, who has allowed five earned runs in each of his last two starts. The Brewers are starting Wade Miley, who has allowed three earned runs or fewer in four of his last five starts. Mikolas has been very inconsistent this year for the Cardinals, so I am going to roll with the Brewers in this game.