Giants vs Diamondbacks Prediction - MLB Picks 9/20/23
Arizona Diamondbacks (79-72) vs San Francisco Giants (76-74)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 3:40 pm (Chase Field)
Merrill Kelly (11-7) (3.57) vs Logan Webb (10-12) (3.45)
Betting Odds: Arizona Diamondbacks -120 / San Francisco Giants +110 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB network Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The San Francisco Giants and Arizona Diamondbacks face off on Wednesday in an MLB showdown at Chase Field.
Giants Need to Succes Here
The Giants are battling for a playoff spot, and this is a series they need to find success in. On Sunday, the Giants scored 11 runs and they need the offense to be strong here. The Giants are averaging 4.33 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.43 runs per game. The offense is ranked 21st in the league while the defense is ranked 15th.
Giants Betting Trends
- The Giants have lost 10 of their last 11 road games against National League opponents.
- The Giants have failed to cover the run line in each of their last 11 road games against National League opponents.
- The Giants have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five games against National League opponents that held a winning record.
- The Giants have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last seven games as underdogs.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Giants' last four games as road underdogs against NL West opponents.
Kelly Looks to Bounce Back
On the mound for the Diamondbacks will be Merrill Kelly who sits with an 11-7 record and an ERA of 3.45. In his last start though, Kelly really struggled going five innings giving up six hits and seven runs. In the previous two starts, he had given up two runs total. The Diamondbacks are averaging 4.62 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.79 runs per game. The offense is ranked 14th in the league while the pitching is ranked 21st.
Diamondbacks Betting Trends
- The Diamondbacks have lost eight of their last nine games against NL West opponents that held a winning record.
- The Diamondbacks have covered the run line in each of their last seven day games against NL West opponents.
- The Diamondbacks have lost the first inning in three of their last four games as favorites.
- The Diamondbacks have led after 3 innings in each of their last three home day games.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Diamondbacks' last three games as home favorites against NL West opponents.
Giants vs Diamondbacks Facts
- The Arizona Diamondbacks rank 4th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1183).
- The Arizona Diamondbacks rank 23rd in the league for strikeouts this season (1258).
- The San Francisco Giants rank T1st in the league for home runs allowed this season (161).
- The San Francisco Giants rank T25th in the league for triples this season (13).
Shane’s Free Pick
Kelly struggled in his last start, but the previous two starts he was lights out and he’s going to lockdown again here. The Diamondbacks bats are going to give him some run support, but the lack of scoring by the Giants will be the difference here. The Giants bats are going to be ice cold here, and that will be the difference as the Diamondbacks are going to get the job done here. Back the Diamondbacks.