Blue Jays vs Yankees Prediction - MLB Picks 9/20/23
New York Yankees (76-74) vs Toronto Blue Jays (83-67)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 7:05 pm (Yankee Stadium)
Michael King (4-5) (2.77) vs Kevin Gausman (11-9) (3.40)
Betting Odds: New York Yankees -102 / Toronto Blue Jays -108 --- Over/Under: 7.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: YES Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Toronto Blue Jays and New York Yankees face off on Wednesday in an MLB showdown at Yankee Stadium. In the first game of this series, it was the Blue Jays that were able to secure the 7-1 victory.
What Kevin Gausman Will Show Up?
On the mound for the Blue Jays will be Kevin Gausman and he sits with an 11-9 record and an ERA of 3.40. In his last start against the Texas Rangers he wasn’t great going 4.2 innings giving up six hits and four runs. Two starts ago he went eight innings giving up two hits and one run. The Blue Jays are averaging 4.53 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.13 runs per game. The offense is ranked 16th while the pitching is ranked 5th.
Blue Jays Betting Trends
- The Blue Jays have lost 20 of their last 25 games as favorites against AL East opponents.
- The Blue Jays have failed to cover the run line in eight of their last nine games as road favorites against AL East opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Blue Jays' last six games as road favorites against American League opponents.
- The Blue Jays have led after 5 innings in each of their last five night games at Yankee Stadium against American League opponents.
- The Blue Jays have trailed after 7 innings in 10 of their last 15 games as favorites against AL East opponents.
Will Michael King get Run Support?
In each of the last two games, Michael King has been good, giving up only two runs total, but the Yankees haven’t been giving him any run support. In the last two games Kings has started the Yankees have only scored two runs total. Overall King sits with a 4-6 record and an ERA of 2.77. The Yankees are averaging 4.21 runs while ther pitching is giving up 4.3 runs per game. The offense is ranked 23rd in the league while the pitching is ranked 9th. In the first game of this series the offense couldn’t find any success, and they are going to need to give him some run support here.
Yankees Betting Trends
- The Yankees have won each of their last four games as underdogs after playing the previous day.
- The Yankees have failed to cover the run line each of their last eight games at Yankee Stadium against teams that held a winning record.
- The Yankees have led after 5 innings in each of their last seven Wednesday night home games.
- The Yankees have led after 7 innings in six of their last seven games as underdogs.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Yankees' last five night games.
Blue Jays vs Yankees Facts
- The New York Yankees rank 29th in the league for batting average this season (.225).
- The New York Yankees rank 3rd in the league for opponent batting average this season (.234).
- The Toronto Blue Jays are one of only 4 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both strikeouts and on-base percentage this season.
- The Toronto Blue Jays rank 4th in the league for runs allowed this season (620).
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to be lower scoring. Gausman is going to be lights out here against a Yankees offense that has been inconsistent. King hasn’t been getting a ton of run support and it’s going to be no different here. King is going to step up here, and that will be the difference though as this game is going to be lower scoring. Back the under to cash here.