Mets vs Marlins Prediction - MLB Picks 9/19/23
Miami Marlins (78-73) vs New York Mets (70-80)
Game Info: Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 6:40 pm (loanDepot park)
Braxton Garrett (9-6) (3.67) vs Joey Lucchesi (3-0) (2.83)
Betting Odds: Miami Marlins -152 / New York Mets +138 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The New York Mets and Miami Marlins do battle Tuesday night in game 2 of an MLB contest at loanDepot park. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
New York Mets Betting Preview
The Mets look for a win after winning 6 of their last 9 games. The Mets are 8 games back in the NL wild card race. The Mets pitching staff is 18th in ERA (4.33), 21st in WHIP (1.36) and 13th in quality starts (54). The Mets offense is 20th in runs per game (4.41), 25th in batting average (.239) and 11th in homers (197). Brandon Nimmo leads the Mets with 149 hits and 60 RBI, while Jeff McNeil and Francisco Lindor have combined for 288 hits and 140 RBI. Joey Lucchesi gets the ball, and he is 3-0 with a 2.83 ERA and 24 strikeouts this season. Lucchesi is 1-0 with a 0.87 ERA and 13 strikeouts in his career against the Marlins.
New York Mets Team Facts
- The Mets have lost each of their last seven night games against NL East opponents following a road win.
- The Mets have covered the run line in nine of their last 10 games as underdogs.
- The Mets have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last 11 Tuesday games as road underdogs.
Miami Marlins Betting Preview
The Marlins look for a win after splitting their last 10 games. The Marlins are 0.5 games back in the NL wild card race. The Marlins pitching staff is 16th in ERA (4.20), 16th in WHIP (1.28) and 17th in quality starts (49). The Marlins' offense is 25th in runs per game (4.17), 6th in batting average (.258) and 23rd in homers (157). Luis Arraez leads the Marlins with 201 hits and 69 RBI, while Bryan De La Cruz and Jorge Soler have combined for 250 hits and 147 RBI. Braxton Garrett gets the ball, and he is 9-6 with a 3.67 ERA and 147 strikeouts this season. Garrett is 0-1 with a 4.03 ERA and 17 strikeouts in his career against the Mets.
Miami Marlins Team Facts
- The underdogs have won each of the Marlins' last six games.
- The Marlins have failed to cover the run line each of their last nine home games against National League opponents that held a losing record.
- The Marlins have led after 7 innings in each of their last five Tuesday games against NL East opponents that held a losing record.
- The Marlins have led after 5 innings in each of their last five Tuesday home games.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Marlins' last three games as home favorites against NL East opponents.
- The Miami Marlins rank 27th in the league for walks this season (391).
- The Miami Marlins rank T26th in the league for steals this season (77).
- The New York Mets rank 29th in the league for doubles this season (206).
- The New York Mets rank 26th in the league for walks allowed this season (556).
Joey Lucchesi has been solid with a 2.83 ERA, but he's pitched just 35 innings this season, so the jury is still out on if things will hold up. Braxton Garrett has a larger sample size, and he has a respectable 3.67 ERA and 1.16 WHIP. Garrett has allowed 7 hits and 1 run in his last 9.2 innings. Also, the Marlins are fighting for their playoff lives and cant afford to blow games like this at home against the most disappointing team in baseball. Give me the Marlins and the reasonably cheap price.