Tigers vs Dodgers Prediction - MLB Picks 9/18/23
Los Angeles Dodgers (91-57) vs Detroit Tigers (70-79)
Game Info: Monday, September 18, 2023 at 10:10 pm (Dodger Stadium)
Lance Lynn (11-11) (5.94) vs Eduardo Rodriguez (11-8) (3.32)
Betting Odds: Los Angeles Dodgers -169 / Detroit Tigers +144 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Detroit Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Detroit Tigers and Los Angeles Dodgers face off on Monday in an MLB showdown at Dodger Stadium.
Rodriguez has Been a Bright Spot
On the mound for the Tigers is Eduardo Rodriguez and he has been one of the bright spots for this team. Coming into this game he sits with an 11-8 record and an ERA of 3.32. Rodriguez is going to need to have a strong start in this game. The Tigers are averaging 4.03 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.69 runs per game. Heading into this game the Tigers have won four games in a row.
Tigers Betting Trends
- The Tigers have lost seven of their last eight night games against National League opponents.
- The Tigers have covered the run line in each of their last four games as road underdogs after playing the previous day.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Tigers' last four night games at Dodger Stadium.
- The Tigers have lost the first inning in each of their last six games against opponents that held a losing record at Dodger Stadium.
- The Tigers have led after 7 innings in four of their last six games as road underdogs against NL West opponents.
What Lynn will show up?
On the mound for the Dodgers will be Lance Lynn and the big question is which Lynn is going to show up in this game. Lynn in his last start was better giving up only two runs in seven innings. Two starts ago though he really struggled giving up seven hits and eight hits in 4.2 innings. The Dodgers are averaging 5.66 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.44 runs per game. On Sunday the Dodgers only gave up a run and that led to the five run victory.
Dodgers Betting Trends
- The Dodgers have won eight of their last nine games at Dodger Stadium against American League opponents that held a losing record.
- The Dodgers have covered the run line in seven of their last eight night games against American League opponents following a win.
- The Dodgers have led after 5 innings in each of their last four night games against American League opponents that held a losing record.
- The Dodgers have won the first inning in each of their last four night games against the Tigers at Dodger Stadium.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last six games between the Tigers and Dodgers at Dodger Stadium
Tigers vs Dodgers Facts
- The Los Angeles Dodgers rank 2nd in the league for home runs this season (232).
- The Los Angeles Dodgers rank 2nd in the league for RBI's this season (813).
- The Detroit Tigers rank 28th in the league for RBI's this season (579).
- The Detroit Tigers rank 28th in the league for batting average this season (.235).
Shane’s Free Pick
I don’t trust Lynn and he’s been inconsistent all season. I expect he’s going to have a game like he did two games ago. The Tigers offense is going to have no issue running up the score here, and that is going to be the difference here as the visiting team is going to get the job done. Back the Tigers on the money line.