Mariners vs Athletics Prediction - MLB Picks 9/18/23
Oakland Athletics (46-103) vs Seattle Mariners (81-68)
Game Info: Monday, September 18, 2023 at 9:40 pm (Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum)
Ken Waldichuk (3-8) (5.61) vs Bryan Woo (3-4) (4.16)
Betting Odds: Oakland Athletics +144 / Seattle Mariners -160 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Root NW Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Seattle Mariners and Oakland Athletics face off on Monday in an MLB showdown at Oakland Coliseum.
Bryan Woo Looks for Second Strong Start in a Row
The Mariners are fighting for their playoff lives but they were dominated over the weekend against the Dodgers. In the last three games the Mariners scored only six runs total. On the mound for the Mariners will be Bryan Woo and in his last start he went 5.2 innings giving up four hits and zero runs. Overall he sits with a 3-4 record and an ERA of 3.14. The Mariners are averaging 4.75 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.09 runs per game. The offense is ranked 10th while the pitching is ranked 3rd.
Mariners Betting Trends
- The Mariners have won each of their last seven road games against AL West opponents following a home loss.
- The Mariners have covered the run line in 14 of their last 15 road games following a home loss.
- The Mariners have led after 3 innings in each of their last four night games against American League opponents.
- The Mariners have led after 5 innings in each of their last five Monday games against the Athletics.
- The Mariners have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last four night games at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum against American League opponents.
Athletics Offense Struggling
The Athletics offense has been an issue all season and it’s really hurting them again here. During the three games with the Padres the offense didn’t really have a good game at all with the offense, and it’s going to need to step up here. The A’s are averaging 3.68 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.75 runs per game. The offense is ranked 30th while the pitching is ranked 29th. JP Sears gets the start for the A’s and he comes into this game with a 5-11 record and an ERA of 4.45.
Athletics Betting Trends
- The Athletics have lost each of their last seven night games against the Mariners following a home loss.
- The Athletics have failed to cover the run line in each of their last six night games against the Mariners at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum following a home loss.
- The Athletics have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last four games.
- The Athletics have led after 7 innings in six of their last nine games as underdogs against AL West opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Athletics' last four home games against American League opponents.
Athletics vs Mariners Facts
- The Oakland Athletics rank 30th in the league for RBI's this season (525).
- The Oakland Athletics rank 30th in the league for batting average this season (.224).
- The Seattle Mariners rank 29th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1483).
- The Seattle Mariners rank T28th in the league for triples this season (11).
Shane’s Free Pick
This is going to be a blowout victory by the Mariners. The A’s offense has had some major issues heading into this game and it’s going to be no different in this game. Bryan Woo has been good heading into this game and in his last start he was dominant. The A’s are going to struggle to get any type of offense going here, and the Mariners will win this game on the run line.