Red Sox vs Blue Jays Prediction - MLB Picks 9/16/23
Toronto Blue Jays (80-67) vs Boston Red Sox (74-73)
Game Info: Saturday, September 16, 2023 at 3:07 pm (Rogers Centre)
Chris Bassitt (14-8) (3.83) vs Chris Sale (6-4) (4.88)
Betting Odds: Toronto Blue Jays -125 / Boston Red Sox +115 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: NESN Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Boston Red Sox and Toronto Blue Jays face off on Saturday in an MLB showdown at Rogers Centre. On Friday it was the Blue Jays that were able to secure the 3-0 victory.
Can Chris Sale Bounce Back?
Chris Sale has been pretty good this season, but he’s coming off a poor start. In his last start against the Baltimore Orioles he went four innings giving up six hits and seven runs. Two starts ago he went five innings giving up two hits and zero runs. Sale needs to be a whole lot better here. The Red Sox are averaging 4.97 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.86 runs per game. The offense is ranked 8th in the league while the pitching is ranked 22nd.
Red Sox Betting Trends
- The Red Sox have won seven of their last eight games as underdogs against the Blue Jays.
- The Red Sox have failed to cover the run line in each of their last nine day games against AL East opponents following a road loss.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Red Sox's last three road games.
- The Red Sox have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last four road games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
Blue Jays Need Better Pitching
The Blue Jays need better pitching in this game because in the last series against the Texas Rangers, the offense wasn’t good enough. On Thursday, the Rangers scored nine runs against them. The Blue Jays are averaging 4.55 runs per game while their pitching is giving up 4.17 runs per game. This is a big game here for the Blue Jays and it’s one they really need to win. Chris Bassitt comes into this game with a 14-8 record overall and he sits with an ERA of 3.83.
Blue Jays Betting Trends
- The Blue Jays have lost each of their last six games as favorites against AL East opponents following a win.
- The Blue Jays have failed to cover the run line in each of their last six games against AL East opponents following a home win.
- The Blue Jays have led after 3 innings in each of their last three day games against the Red Sox.
- The Blue Jays have trailed after 5 innings in three of their last four games as home favorites against American League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Blue Jays' last five day games.
Shane’s Free Pick
The Blue Jays are going to get the job done here. The Blue Jays have had the better season and their offense is going to have no issue in this game. Sale in his last start really struggled and he’s going to have some major issues again in this game. Look for the Blue Jays to score six or seven runs here, and that is going to be the difference as Toronto secures the win. Back the Blue Jays -1.5.