Rangers vs Guardians Prediction - MLB Picks 9/16/23
Cleveland Guardians (69-78) vs Texas Rangers (82-64)
Game Info: Saturday, September 16, 2023 at 6:10 pm (Progressive Field)
Tanner Bibee (10-4) (3.03) vs Dane Dunning (10-6) (3.91)
Betting Odds: Cleveland Guardians -105 / Texas Rangers -105 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Great Lakes Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Texas Rangers and Cleveland Guardians face off on Saturday in an MLB showdown at Progressive Field. In the first game of this series it was the Guardians that were able to secure the 12-3 victory.
Dane Dunning Needs To Be Good
On the mound for the Rangers will be Dane Dunning who sits with a 10-6 record and an ERA of 3.91. In his last start against the Blue Jays he went six innings giving up six hits and three runs. Two starts ago he gave up nine runs. The Rangers are averaging 5.56 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.41 runs per game. The offense is ranked 3rd in the league while the pitching is ranked 14th.
Rangers Betting Trends
- The Rangers have won each of their last three games as underdogs.
- The Rangers have failed to cover the run line each of their last seven night games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Rangers have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last five games at Progressive Field against AL Central opponents that held a losing record.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rangers' last four games as road underdogs against AL Central opponents.
- The Rangers have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five games at Progressive Field against opponents that held a losing record.
Guardians Need to be Perfect
It’s hard to imagine at this point that the Guardians make the playoffs, but if they want a chance, they are going to need to play a near perfect rest of the season. Even if they do that, it still might not be enough. The Guardians are averaging 4.02 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.25 runs per game. The offense is ranked 28th while the pitching is ranked 8th. On the mound for the Guardians will be Tanner Bibee who sits with a 10-4 record and an ERA of 3.03.
Guardians Betting Trends
- The Guardians have lost each of their last five games as favorites against American League opponents following a win.
- The Guardians have failed to cover the run line in each of their last 10 Saturday night games as home favorites against American League opponents.
- The Guardians have trailed after 7 innings in four of their last five games as home favorites.
- The Guardians have trailed after 3 innings in four of their last five games as home favorites.
- The Guardians have trailed after 5 innings in four of their last five games as home favorites.
Rangers vs Guardians Facts
- The Cleveland Guardians rank 29th in the league for RBI's this season (564).
- The Cleveland Guardians rank 28th in the league for slugging percentage this season (.380).
- The Texas Rangers rank 2nd in the league for batting average this season (.267).
- The Texas Rangers rank 3rd in the league for runs scored this season (815).
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to be lower scoring. Dane Dunning and Bibee have both been good this season, and it’s going to be no different in this game. I especially don’t trust this Rangers offense to get going, even though they have been strong this season. This total is too high, and the under is going to cash with ease. Back the under.