Nationals vs Brewers Prediction - MLB Picks 9/16/23
Milwaukee Brewers (83-64) vs Washington Nationals (65-83)
Game Info: Saturday, September 16, 2023 at 7:10 pm (American Family Field)
Corbin Burnes (9-8) (3.47) vs Trevor Williams (6-10) (5.44)
Betting Odds: Milwaukee Brewers -240 / Washington Nationals +214 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Wisconsin Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Washington Nationals and Milwaukee Brewers face off on Sunday in an English Premier League showdown at American Family Field. When these two teams faced off on Friday it was the Brewers that were able to secure the 5-3 victory.
Trevor Williams Looks to Bounce Back
On the mound for the Nationals will be Trevor Williams who sits with a 6-10 record and an ERA of 5.44. Over his last two starts, Williams has gone 8.1 innings and given up 14 runs. In this game, Williams is going to need to be a lot better, or this is going to be a long game. The Nationals are averaging 4.28 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.19 runs per game. The offense is ranked 22nd in the league while the pitching is ranked 26th. Lane Thomas has hit 25 home runs and driven in 79 RBIs.
Nationals Betting Trends
- The Nationals have won three of their last four games as underdogs against the Brewers following a road loss.
- The Nationals have failed to cover the run line in five of their last six games at American Family Field.
- The Nationals have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last four games against National League opponents.
- The Nationals have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last four games.
Brewers Continue to Shine
The Brewers are pulling away in the National League Central and they are close to wrapping up the division. On Friday the Brewers fell behind early, but the four runs scored in the 5th inning were the difference. The Browns are averaging 4.46 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.1 runs per game. On the mound for the Brewers will be Corbin Burnes who sits with a 9-8 record and an ERA of 3.47. In his last start against the Yankees he went eight innings giving up zero hits and zero runs.
Brewers Betting Trends
- The Brewers have won each of their last six night games against the Nationals at American Family Field following a win.
- The Brewers have failed to cover the run line eight of their last nine home games against NL East opponents that held a losing record.
- The Brewers have led after 7 innings in each of their last four games at American Family Field against opponents that held a losing record.
Nationals vs Brewers Facts
- The Milwaukee Brewers rank 3rd in the league for runs allowed this season (603).
- The Milwaukee Brewers rank 27th in the league for hits this season (1160).
- The Washington Nationals rank 2nd in the league for strikeouts against this season (1047).
- The Washington Nationals rank 28th in the league for strikeouts this season (1122).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Brewers won on Friday night by two and they are going to need to get the job done again here. Burnes in his last start gave up zero runs and the Nationals bats are going to be ice cold here. Look for the Nationals to only give up only one or two runs total, and the Brewers are going to get the job done here. Back the Brewers on the run line.