Dodgers vs Mariners Prediction - MLB Picks 9/16/23
Seattle Mariners (81-66) vs Los Angeles Dodgers (89-57)
Game Info: Saturday, September 16, 2023 at 9:40 pm (T-Mobile Park)
Bryce Miller (8-5) (4.05) vs Clayton Kershaw (12-4) (2.61)
Betting Odds: Seattle Mariners +130 / Los Angeles Dodgers -148 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Los Angeles Dodgers will play the Seattle Mariners in Game 2 of their series on Saturday night at T-Mobile Park in Seattle, Washington. The Dodgers won the first game in this series by a score of 6-3 on Friday night and they are leading the NL West by 13 games.
The Los Angeles Dodgers are 89-57 this season and they have alternated wins and losses over their last seven games. Los Angeles hasn’t been as dominant as they usually are over the last couple of weeks, going 6-8 in their last 14 games. The Dodgers have scored 6+ runs in seven of their last eight games. The Los Angeles pitching staff has a 4.20 ERA, a 1.22 WHIP, and a .240 opponent batting average this year. The Dodgers offense has scored 826 runs with a .257 batting average and a .342 on base percentage. Freddie Freeman is batting .336 with 26 home runs and 93 RBI’s for the Dodgers. The projected starting pitcher for Los Angeles is Clayton Kershaw, who is 12-4 with a 2.61 ERA and a 1.07 WHIP over 117.1 innings pitched this season.
The Seattle Mariners are 81-66 this season and they have lost five of their last seven games. Seattle came into this series after winning two out of three games against the Angels. The Mariners have allowed 6+ runs in five of their last seven games. The Seattle pitching staff has a 3.73 ERA, a 1.18 WHIP, and a .238 opponent batting average. The Mariners offense has scored 701 runs with a .244 batting average and a .323 on base percentage this season. Julio Rodriguez is batting .290 with 30 home runs and 99 RBI’s for the Mariners. The projected starting pitcher for Seattle is Bryce Miller, who is 8-5 with a 4.05 ERA and a 1.11 WHIP over 117.2 innings pitched this year.
Seattle Mariners Team Facts
- The Mariners have won four of their last five games as underdogs against National League opponents following a home loss.
- The Mariners have failed to cover the run line seven of their last eight games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Mariners have led after 3 innings in four of their last six games as home underdogs.
Los Angeles Dodgers Team Facts
- The Dodgers have won each of their last nine night games against AL West opponents following a win.
- The Dodgers have covered the run line in each of their last seven night games against AL West opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Dodgers' last five Saturday games against AL West opponents.
- The Dodgers have led after 7 innings in each of their last five night games against AL West opponents that held a winning record.
- The Dodgers have led after 5 innings in each of their last four night games against AL West opponents.
Los Angeles Dodgers Player Prop Facts
- Freddie Freeman ranks 4th amongst qualified players for Batting Average (.336) this season.
- The Seattle Mariners rank 2nd in the league for walks allowed this season (370).
- The Seattle Mariners rank 2nd in the league for runs allowed this season (600).
- The Los Angeles Dodgers rank 2nd in the league for home runs this season (229).
- The Los Angeles Dodgers rank 2nd in the league for RBI's this season (801).
The Dodgers were able to get the win in Game 1 of this series, which makes this game even more important for the Mariners. Seattle is currently in the last AL Wild Card spot, but they are only up 0.5 games on the Blue Jays. Seattle is starting Bryce Miller, who has allowed three earned runs or fewer in four of his last five starts. LA is starting Clayton Kershaw, who has allowed seven earned runs in his last five starts (22 IP). Kershaw has been dialed in recently and the Dodgers lineup is one of the best in baseball. Take LA -1.5 here.