Braves vs Marlins Prediction - MLB Picks 9/16/23
Miami Marlins (75-72) vs Atlanta Braves (96-50)
Game Info: Saturday, September 16, 2023 at 4:10 pm (loanDepot park)
Jesus Luzardo (9-9) (3.99) vs () ()
Betting Odds: Miami Marlins +120 / Atlanta Braves -140 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Florida Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Atlanta Braves and Miami Marlins face off on Saturday in an MLB showdown at Marlins Park. In the first game of this series, it was the Marlins that were able to secure the 9-6 victory.
Braves are Team to Beat
The Braves are clearly the best team in baseball right now, and anything less than winning the World Series is a major disappointment for this team. In the last series against the Phillies, the Braves were able to win three of the four games. The Braves are averaging 5.84 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.17 runs per game. The offense is ranked 1st while the pitching is ranked 7th.
Braves Betting Trends
- The Braves have won 10 of their last 11 games against the Marlins following a loss.
- The Braves have covered the run line in each of their last five day games against NL East opponents.
- The Braves have trailed after 3 innings in three of their last four games as favorites.
- The Braves have led after 5 innings in each of their last four day games against NL East opponents.
- The Braves have led after 7 innings in each of their last four day games against the Marlins.
Marlins Need These Wins
The Marlins need these wins after their offense wasn’t good enough in the last series against the Milwaukee Brewers. The Marlins are averaging 4.04 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.42 runs per game. The offense is ranked 27th in the league while the pitching is ranked 16th best in baseball.
Marlins Betting Trends
- The underdogs have won each of the Marlins' last three games.
- The Marlins have covered the run line in seven of their last eight day games against NL East opponents following a win.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Marlins' last four day games against National League opponents.
Braves vs Marlins Facts
- The Miami Marlins rank 27th in the league for RBI's this season (573).
- The Miami Marlins rank 27th in the league for steals this season (73).
- The Atlanta Braves rank 1st in the league for home runs this season (283).
- The Atlanta Braves rank 1st in the league for RBI's this season (830).
Shane’s Free Pick
I still don’t trust this Marlins offense and their lack of scoring is going to be the difference here. The Braves have the top offense in all of baseball and they are going to continue the successful scoring here. The Marlins bats won’t be good enough here, and that will be the difference here as the Marlins get the job done.