Rays vs Orioles Prediction - MLB Picks 9/15/23
Baltimore Orioles (91-55) vs Tampa Bay Rays (91-57)
Game Info: Friday, September 15, 2023 at 7:05 pm (Oriole Park at Camden Yards)
Jack Flaherty (8-8) (4.98) vs Zach Eflin (14-8) (3.53)
Betting Odds: Baltimore Orioles +102 / Tampa Bay Rays -122 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Tampa Bay Rays will play the Baltimore Orioles in Game 2 of their series on Friday night at Camden Yards in Baltimore, Maryland. Tampa Bay won the first game in this series by a score of 4-3 and they only trail Baltimore by one game in the AL East.
The Tampa Bay Rays are 91-57 this season and they have won six of their last seven games. Prior to this series, Tampa Bay won two out of three games against the Twins on the road. Tampa Bay has played very good baseball over the last couple of weeks and they are 17-6 in their last 23 games. The Tampa Bay pitching staff has a 3.77 ERA, a 1.17 WHIP, and a .229 opponent batting average this season. The Rays offense has scored 784 runs with a .258 batting average and a .331 on base percentage. Yandy Diaz is batting .323 with 20 home runs and 73 RBI’s for the Rays. The projected starting pitcher for Tampa Bay is Zach Eflin, who is 14-8 with a 3.53 ERA and a 1.05 WHIP over 160.2 innings pitched this year.
The Baltimore Orioles are 91-55 this season and they have lost four of their last five games. Baltimore came into this series after losing two out of three games to the Cardinals at home. The Orioles have ran into a little bit of a slump recently and they are in danger of losing their lead in the AL East. The Baltimore pitching staff has a 4.03 ERA, a 1.26 WHIP, and a .246 opponent batting average. The Orioles offense has scored 744 runs with a .258 batting average and a .324 on base percentage this year. Gunnar Henderson is batting .259 with 26 home runs and 76 RBI’s for the Orioles. The projected starting pitcher for Baltimore is Jack Flaherty, who is 8-8 with a 4.98 ERA and a 1.57 WHIP over 137.1 innings pitched this season.
Baltimore Orioles Team Facts
- The Orioles have won each of their last six games as underdogs following a home loss.
- The Orioles have covered the run line in each of their last seven games as home underdogs against American League opponents.
- The Orioles have led after 7 innings in each of their last four games as home underdogs against American League opponents.
- The Orioles have led after 5 innings in each of their last four games as home underdogs.
- The Orioles have led after 3 innings in three of their last four games as underdogs.
Tampa Bay Rays Team Facts
- The Rays have lost four of their last five games as road favorites against the Orioles following a win.
- The Rays have covered the run line in each of their last seven night games against American League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rays' last three games.
Tampa Bay Rays Player Prop Facts
- Yandy Diaz ranks 5th amongst qualified players for Batting Average (.323) this season.
- The Baltimore Orioles rank 6th in the league for RBI's this season (720).
- The Baltimore Orioles rank T7th in the league for triples this season (26).
- The Tampa Bay Rays rank 2nd in the league for ERA this season (3.77).
- The Tampa Bay Rays rank 2nd in the league for opponent batting average this season (.229).
This is a huge game in the battle for the AL East and the Rays are playing fantastic baseball right now. Baltimore has had a decent lead in the AL East for the last couple of months, but they have lost four of their last five games. Tampa Bay is starting Zach Eflin, who has allowed three earned runs or fewer in five straight starts. Baltimore is starting Jack Flaherty, who has allowed 4+ runs in three of his last four starts. Flaherty hasn’t been great in recent starts, but I also think the Orioles will get to Eflin in this game. Take the over here.