Rangers vs Guardians Prediction - MLB Picks 9/15/23
Cleveland Guardians (69-78) vs Texas Rangers (82-64)
Game Info: Friday, September 15, 2023 at 7:10 pm (Progressive Field)
Lucas Giolito (7-13) (4.89) vs Jon Gray (8-7) (3.96)
Betting Odds: Cleveland Guardians -105 / Texas Rangers -115 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Texas Rangers will play the Cleveland Guardians in Game 1 of their series on Friday night at Progressive Field in Cleveland, Ohio. Cleveland has really struggled lately and is coming off of a series loss, while Texas is coming off of a huge series sweep in Toronto.
The Texas Rangers are 82-64 this season and they have won six games in a row. Texas is coming off of a series sweep against Toronto, where they won all four games on the road. The Rangers have played very well lately and they are currently in the second AL Wild Card spot. The Texas pitching staff has a 4.24 ERA, a 1.26 WHIP, and a .244 opponent batting average this season. The Rangers offense has scored 812 runs with a .267 batting average and a .340 on base percentage. Corey Seager is batting .344 with 31 home runs and 92 RBI’s for the Rangers. The projected starting pitcher for Texas is Jon Gray, who is 8-7 with a 3.96 ERA and a 1.27 WHIP over 145.1 innings pitched this year.
The Cleveland Guardians are 69-78 this season and they have lost eight of their last eleven games. Cleveland is coming off of a series loss to the Giants, where they lost two out of three games. The Guardians have fallen out of the AL Central race and it looks like they have lost focused. The Cleveland pitching staff has a 3.95 ERA, a 1.29 WHIP, and a .245 opponent batting average. The Guardians offense has scored 591 runs with a .248 batting average and a .310 on base percentage this year. Jose Ramirez is batting .278 with 23 home runs and 75 RBI’s for the Guardians. The projected starting pitcher for Cleveland is Lucas Giolito, who is 7-13 with a 4.89 ERA and a 1.28 WHIP over 163.2 innings pitched this season.
Cleveland Guardians Team Facts
- The Guardians have won each of their last eight games against the Rangers at Progressive Field following a loss.
- The Guardians have covered the run line in each of their last eight games against the Rangers at Progressive Field following a loss.
- The Guardians have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last four night games against AL West opponents that held a winning record.
- The Guardians have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last five games as home underdogs against AL West opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Guardians' last five games as home underdogs against AL West opponents.
Texas Rangers Team Facts
- The Rangers have lost each of their last seven road games against the Guardians following a road win.
- The Rangers have failed to cover the run line in each of their last seven road games against the Guardians following a road win.
- The Rangers have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last five games at Progressive Field against opponents that held a losing record.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rangers' last six games as road favorites against American League opponents.
- The Rangers have led after 7 innings in each of their last six games against American League opponents.
Texas Rangers Player Prop Facts
- Corey Seager ranks 2nd amongst qualified players for Batting Average (.344) this season.
- The Cleveland Guardians rank 29th in the league for RBI's this season (552).
- The Cleveland Guardians rank 28th in the league for runs scored this season (591).
- The Texas Rangers rank 2nd in the league for batting average this season (.268).
- The Texas Rangers rank 3rd in the league for runs scored this season (812).
Texas comes into this series with a ton of momentum after their last series sweep over Toronto, and they will be taking on a Cleveland team that is really struggling. The Rangers are 37-34 on the road this year and they have scored 9+ runs in four of their last five games. Texas is starting Jon Gray, who has allowed three earned runs in each of his last three starts, but did only last 2.2 innings in his last outing against Oakland. The Guardians are starting Lucas Giolito, who has allowed 4, 9, 5, and 4 earned runs in his last four starts. I am going to fade Giolito once again and take the Rangers to win.