Reds vs Tigers Prediction - MLB Picks 9/14/23
Detroit Tigers (66-78) vs Cincinnati Reds (75-71)
Game Info: Thursday, September 14, 2023 at 1:10 pm (Comerica Park)
Reese Olson (3-7) (4.50) vs Andrew Abbott (8-5) (3.64)
Betting Odds: Detroit Tigers / Cincinnati Reds --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Ohio Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Cincinnati Reds and Detroit Tigers face off on Thursday in an MLB showdown at Comerica Park. The Reds have won the first two games of this series.
Reds Offense Picking It Up
Heading into Wednesday’s game the Reds offense had been strong in back to back games. In the first game of the season the Reds were able to secure the 6-5 victory. Harrison Bader had a strong game finishing with two hits and two RBIs. The Reds are averaging 4.78 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.99 runs per game. The offense is ranked 11th in the league while hte pitching is ranked 23rd.
Reds Betting Prediction
- The Reds have won each of their last eight games as underdogs against American League opponents following a road win.
- The Reds have covered the run line in each of their last eight games as underdogs against American League opponents following a road win.
- The Reds have led after 5 innings in five of their last seven games as underdogs against American League opponents.
- The Reds have led after 7 innings in eight of their last 10 games as road underdogs against American League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Reds' last three games as road underdogs.
Will Reese Olson Be Good?
On the mound for the Tigers will be Reese Olson and he has been pitching well heading into this game. Coming into this game he sits with a 3-7 record and an ERA of 4.50. Over his last three starts he has gone 18 innings total and given up only three runs total. The Tigers are averaging 3.95 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.74 runs per game. The offense is ranked 29th while the pitching is ranked 19th.
Tigers Betting Prediction
- The Tigers have lost each of their last three games as home favorites against NL Central opponents.
- The Tigers have failed to cover the run line in 10 of their last 11 games as home favorites against National League opponents following a loss.
- The Tigers have trailed after 5 innings in three of their last four games as favorites against NL Central opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Tigers' last five day games at Comerica Park.
- The Tigers have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last four day games against opponents that held a winning record.
Reds vs Tigers Facts
- The Detroit Tigers ranks 29th in the league for slugging percentage this season (.377).
- The Detroit Tigers ranks 28th in the league for batting average this season (.235).
- The Cincinnati Reds ranks 28th in the league for home runs allowed this season (203).
- The Cincinnati Reds ranks 27th in the league for walks allowed this season (554).
Shane’s Free Pick
Reese Olson has been good heading into this game and he’s going to lockdown again in this game. The Reds bats are going to really struggle to get anything going, and that is going to be the difference here. The Tigers will give Olson enough run support here for the Tigers to pick up a victory. At this point it’s about gaining momentum for next year, and the Tigers will gain a step up towards that.