Royals vs White Sox Prediction - MLB Picks 9/13/23
Chicago White Sox (56-88) vs Kansas City Royals (44-101)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 7:40 pm (Guaranteed Rate Field)
Mike Clevinger (7-7) (3.64) vs () ()
Betting Odds: Chicago White Sox / Kansas City Royals --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Kansas City Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Kansas City Royals and Chicago White Sox face off on Wednesday in an MLB showdown at Guaranteed Rate Field. The two teams split the doubleheader on Tuesday. In the second game it was the Royals that were able to secure the 11-10 victory.
Can the White Sox Get a Good Start From Clevinger?
On the mound for the White Sox will be Mike Clevinger who sits with a 7-7 record and an ERA of 3.64. In his last start against Detroit he went seven innings giving up three hits and zero runs. Two starts ago against Detroit he went four innings giving up 12 hits and eight runs. The White Sox are averaging 4.08 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.16 runs per game. The offense is ranked 25th while the pitching is ranked 26th.
White Sox Betting Trends
- The White Sox have lost seven of their last 10 games as home favorites.
- The White Sox have covered the run line in each of their last five night games against the Royals following a loss.
- The White Sox have trailed after 7 innings in six of their last nine games as favorites against American League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the White Sox's last four games at Guaranteed Rate Field.
- The White Sox have trailed after 5 innings in six of their last nine games as home favorites.
Royals Look to Close Season Strong
The Roayls are averaging 4.04 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.33 runs per game. The offense is ranked 27th in the league while the pitching staff is ranked 28th. Bobby Witt has been a bright spot for this team this year hitting 28 home runs and driving in 86 RBIs.
Royals Betting Trends
- The Royals have lost each of their last 14 games against American League opponents following a road win.
- The Royals have failed to cover the run line in each of their last seven games as road underdogs against AL Central opponents following a win.
- The Royals have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last six Wednesday games against AL Central opponents that held a losing record.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Royals' last three road games against AL Central opponents.
- The Royals have led after 3 innings in each of their last three road night games.
White Sox vs Royals Facts
- The Chicago White Sox ranks 29th in the league for walks allowed this season (588).
- The Chicago White Sox ranks 4th in the league for strikeouts this season (1339).
- The Kansas City Royals ranks 29th in the league for walks this season (363).
- The Kansas City Royals ranks 28th in the league for ERA this season (5.25).
Shane’s Free Pick
Clevinger is coming off a strong start and he’s going to have another strong start again here. The Royals offense overall has been a major issue and they are going to really struggle to get the offense going here. The White Sox might not run up the score, but it’s going to only take a couple of runs to secure the victory. The White Sox will get those runs and you should back them on the money line.