Marlins vs Brewers Prediction - MLB PIcks 9/13/23
Milwaukee Brewers (80-63) vs Miami Marlins (74-70)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 7:40 pm (American Family Field)
Colin Rea (5-5) (5.02) vs Braxton Garrett (8-6) (3.82)
Betting Odds: Milwaukee Brewers / Miami Marlins --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Wisconsin Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Milwaukee Brewers and Miami Marlins face off on Wednesday in an MLB showdown at American Family Field. On Tuesday it was the Brewers that were able to secure the 3-1 victory.
Josh Donaldson, a Good Addition?
Josh Donaldson is back in the MLB with the Brewers and on Tuesday he had a strong game finishing with a home run. The Brewers are averaging 4.49 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.16 runs per game. The offense is ranked 18th while the pitching is ranked 6th. It’s going to be important in this game that the offense tries to get out to a fast start early.
Brewers Betting Trends
- The Brewers have won 10 of their last 11 games at American Family Field.
- The Brewers have covered the run line each of their last seven night games against National League opponents that held a winning record.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Brewers' last six games at American Family Field.
- The Brewers have led after 5 innings in each of their last six home night games.
- The Brewers have led after 7 innings in each of their last six night games against the Marlins at American Family Field.
Marlins Need Every Win
If the Marlins don’t start stringing together some wins, this season is going to be another year they miss the playoffs. The Marlins are averaging 4.08 runs while thier pitching is giving up 4.49 runs per game. The offense is ranked 26th in the league while the pitching is ranked 17th. On the mound for the Marlins will be Braxton Garrett who sits with an 8-6 record and an ERA of 3.82. In his last start against the Dodgers he went 3.2 innings giving up three hits and one run.
Marlins Betting Trends
- The Marlins have lost four of their last five games as favorites following a road loss.
- The Marlins have failed to cover the run line in each of their last nine road games against NL Central opponents following a loss.
- The Marlins have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last six night games at American Family Field against National League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Marlins' last four games as road favorites.
- The Marlins have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last six road games against National League opponents that held a winning record
Brewers vs Marlins Facts
- The Milwaukee Brewers ranks 3rd in the league for walks this season (523).
- The Milwaukee Brewers ranks 27th in the league for hits this season (1139).
- The Miami Marlins ranks 27th in the league for RBI's this season (560).
- The Miami Marlins ranks T26th in the league for steals this season (72).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Marlins are going to find success in this game. Garrett has been good heading into this game and he’s going to lockdown again in this game. The Brewers offense has been inconsistent all season and this is going to be the game where they really have issues scoring. Look for the Marlins to score at least four runs and that is going to be enough to get the job done. Back the Marlins.