Guardians at Giants Prediction - MLB Picks 9/13/23
San Francisco Giants (74-70) vs Cleveland Guardians (68-77)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 3:45 pm (Oracle Park)
Kyle Harrison (1-1) (4.87) vs Logan Allen (7-7) (3.68)
Betting Odds: San Francisco Giants -112 / Cleveland Guardians -105 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The San Francisco Giants will host the Cleveland Guardians for their interleague series finale this Wednesday. Cleveland responded in game two with a 3-1 victory.
Guardians Preview & Projected Starter
Cleveland moved to 69-76 after defeating San Francisco. The Guardians snapped a three-game skid with the game two victory, and they’ll look to win consecutive games for just the second time in three weeks. The Cleveland offense is scoring 3.98 runs per game, while batting .253, with a .316 on-base percentage. The pitching staff carries a 3.83 ERA, with a 1.26 WHIP.
Logan Allen (7-7, 3.68 ERA, 113 Ks) will take the hill for Cleveland. The rookie pitcher delivered in Anaheim last weekend, striking out six thru five innings of one-run ball to earn his seventh victory. Allen has now allowed two runs or less in five of seven starts since the beginning of August, and he’ll attempt to double in Cali this Wednesday.
Guardians Player Trends & Props
• Jose Ramirez has totaled multiple bases in four of the last six games, and he leads Cleveland home runs (22), while batting .277 with 73 RBI.
• Steven Kwan has collected a hit in four of the last six games, and he leads the team in hits (156), while batting .272.
• Andrés Giménez has recorded a hit in seven of the previous nine games, and he’s posting splits of .242/12/51.
• Josh Naylor has produced a run in four of the last six games, and he’s first on the club in RBI (87), with seventeen homers.
Giants Preview & Projected Starter
San Francisco comes in at 74-71 after falling to Cleveland. The Giants couldn’t get anything going last night, and they’ll look to bounce back here in game two. The San Francisco offense is scoring 4.81 runs per game, while batting .250, with a .326 on-base percentage. The pitching staff carries a 3.89 ERA, with a 1.29 WHIP.
Kyle Harrison (1-1, 4.87 ERA, 26 Ks) is set to open the game for San Francisco. This rookie lefty struggled a bit with Colorado last time out, giving up four runs thru five innings, but he avoided a second straight loss. Harrison has delivered mixed results through his first four starts, and he’ll attempt to replicate his effort against Cincinnati (6.1 IP, 11 K, W) here against Cleveland.
Giants Player Trends & Props
• Wilmer Flores has recorded a hit in both matchups against Cleveland, and he leads the Giants in batting (.287) and home runs (22), with 54 RBI.
• J.D Davis has produced a run in four of the last five games, and he leads SFG in hits (112), with seventeen home runs and 65 RBI.
• Thairo Estrada has totaled multiple bases in three of the previous five games, and he’s posting splits of .270/12/45.
Corey’s Free Pick
Cleveland comes into an interesting underdog spot with the better rookie on the mound Wednesday afternoon, and they may be worth the shot. The Guardians also possess the stronger lineup, and with their top four bats swinging well right now, they should be able to find some production off of Kyle Harrison. The Over will be in play as well, but take the profitable shot with Cleveland here for this interleague matchup.