Diamondbacks vs Mets Prediction - MLB Picks 9/13/23
New York Mets (65-78) vs Arizona Diamondbacks (76-69)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 7:10 pm (Citi Field)
Joey Lucchesi (2-0) (3.54) vs Zac Gallen (15-7) (3.31)
Betting Odds: New York Mets / Arizona Diamondbacks --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: SNY Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Arizona Diamondbacks and New York Mets face off on Wednesday in an MLB showdown at Citi Field. On Tuesday it was the Mets that were able to secure the 7-4 victory.
Zac Gallen Looks for Another Good Start
On the mound for the Diamondbacks will be Zac Gallen who sits with a 15-7 record and an ERA of 3.31. In his last start against the Cubs he had a complete game and gave up only three hits and zero runs. Gallen the previous two starts had struggled, so they need the good Gallen here. The Diamondbacks are averaging 4.64 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.74 runs per game. The offense is ranked 13th while the pitching is ranked 20th. This game will come down ot hte pitching.
Diamondbacks Betting Trends
- The Diamondbacks have lost four of their last five games as road favorites following a loss.
- The Diamondbacks have covered the run line in seven of their last eight road games against NL East opponents following a loss.
- The Diamondbacks have trailed after 7 innings in six of their last nine games as road favorites.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Diamondbacks' last four games at Citi Field.
Mets Want Season Over
The Mets want this season over and heading into Tuesday night’s game they had lost four of the last five games. On Monday the Mets scored three runs, but it wasn’t enough as the pitching gave up four runs. The Mets are averaging 4.34 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.61 runs per game. The offense is ranked 20th in the league while the pitching staff is ranked 18th.
Mets Betting Trends
- The Mets have won each of their last six night games against the Diamondbacks following a home win.
- The Mets have covered the run line eight of their last nine home games against teams that held a winning record.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Mets' last seven home games against NL West opponents.
- The Mets have led after 5 innings in each of their last four night games against National League opponents.
- The Mets have won the first inning in three of their last four games as underdogs against the Diamondbacks.
Diamondbacks vs Mets Facts
- The New York Mets ranks 26th in the league for walks allowed this season (541).
- The New York Mets ranks 25th in the league for batting average this season (.238).
- The Arizona Diamondbacks ranks 4th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1138).
- The Arizona Diamondbacks ranks 22nd in the league for opponent batting average this season (.253).
Shane’s Free Pick
It might not be a popular pick but I believe it’s the Mets that are going to find success in this game. Gallen had struggled in the previous two games and he’s going to go back to those struggles here. The Mets are finally going to find success here, and that is going to be the difference as the Mets are going to secure the win.