Cardinals vs Orioles Prediction - MLB Picks 9/13/23
Baltimore Orioles (91-53) vs St. Louis Cardinals (64-81)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 6:35 pm (Oriole Park at Camden Yards)
Kyle Gibson (14-8) (5.12) vs Drew Rom (0-2) (7.79)
Betting Odds: Baltimore Orioles -162 / St. Louis Cardinals +136 --- Over/Under: 10.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The St. Louis Cardinals will play the Baltimore Orioles in Game 3 of their series on Wednesday night at Camden Yards in Baltimore, Maryland. Baltimore won the first game in this series by a score of 11-5 on Monday night, but St. Louis answered with a 5-2 win on Tuesday.
The St. Louis Cardinals are 64-81 this season and they have lost two of their last three games. St. Louis has played better baseball over the last couple of weeks, as they have gone 6-3 in their last nine games. Despite the recent success, St. Louis is one of the most disappointing teams in the MLB this year and they are last in the NL Central. The St. Louis pitching staff has a 4.78 ERA, a 1.46 WHIP, and a .276 opponent batting average this season. The Cardinals offense has scored 665 runs with a .253 batting average and a .328 on base percentage. Nolan Arenado is batting .270 with 26 home runs and 89 RBI’s for the Cardinals. The projected starting pitcher for St. Louis is Drew Rom, who is 0-2 with a 7.79 ERA and a 2.02 WHIP over 17.1 innings pitched this year.
The Baltimore Orioles are 91-53 this season and they have won eight of their last ten games. The Orioles have lost two of their last three games, but they won the previous seven games. Baltimore has scored 5+ runs in eight of their last ten games. The Baltimore pitching staff has a 4.05 ERA, a 1.27 WHIP, and a .246 opponent batting average. The Orioles offense has scored 741 runs with a .259 batting average and a .325 on base percentage this year. Anthony Santander is batting .261 with 27 home runs and 84 RBI’s for the Orioles. The projected starting pitcher for Baltimore is Kyle Gibson, who is 14-8 with a 5.12 ERA and a 1.34 WHIP over 168.2 innings pitched this season.
Baltimore Orioles Team Facts
- The Orioles have won 10 of their last 11 night games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Orioles have covered the run line in seven of their last eight games at Oriole Park at Camden Yards following a loss.
- The Orioles have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last four games as home favorites.
- The Orioles have trailed after 5 innings in five of their last seven games as favorites against National League opponents.
- The Orioles have lost the first inning in four of their last six games as favorites against NL Central opponents.
St. Louis Cardinals Team Facts
- The Cardinals have won each of their last five Wednesday games as underdogs.
- The Cardinals have covered the run line in each of their last seven Wednesday games as underdogs.
- The Cardinals have won the first inning in four of their last five games as underdogs against the Orioles at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.
- The Cardinals have led after 7 innings in three of their last four games as road underdogs against AL East opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Cardinals' last four games at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks 6th in the league for RBI's this season (717).
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks 6th in the league for batting average this season (.259).
- The St. Louis Cardinals ranks T28th in the league for triples this season (11).
- The St. Louis Cardinals ranks T28th in the league for strikeouts this season (1092).
The Orioles come into this matchup looking for another series win, while St. Louis is going for their third straight series win. Baltimore is still three games up on the Rays for first in the AL East and they are 43-27 at home. The Orioles are starting Kyle Gibson, who has allowed 3, 7, 3, 4, and 9 earned runs in his last five starts. The Cardinals are starting Drew Rom, who has allowed 4, 3, 2, and 6 earned runs in his last four starts. The total is set pretty high in this game, but I am taking the over with these two pitchers struggling.