Braves vs Phillies Prediction - MLB Picks 9/13/23
Philadelphia Phillies (79-65) vs Atlanta Braves (94-50)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 6:40 pm (Citizens Bank Park)
Cristopher Sanchez (2-3) (3.26) vs Spencer Strider (16-5) (3.83)
Betting Odds: Philadelphia Phillies +163 / Atlanta Braves -181 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports South Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Atlanta Braves and Philadelphia Phillies face off on Wednesday in an MLB showdown at Citizens Bank Park. The Braves have won two of the first three games of this series.
Braves Need the Offense to be Good Here
The Braves offense has been a strength all season and in their doubleheader on Monday the offense scored 15 runs total, including 10 runs in the first game. Every time Ronald Acuna Jr comes to the plate, opposing teams need to pitch around him and he added another home run on Monday. The Braves are averaging 5.84 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.188 runs per game. The offense is ranked 1st in the league while the defense is ranked 7th. On the mound for the Braves will be Spencer Strider who sits with a 16-5 record and an ERA of 3.83.
Braves Betting Trends
- The Braves have lost seven of their last eight night games against the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park following a road win.
- The Braves have failed to cover the run line in each of their last five games against National League opponents after going to extra innings.
- The Braves have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last three night games.
Are Phillies a Darkhorse?
Are the Phillies a darkhorse in the playoffs this season? The Phillies have proven time and time again they can play with anyone, and Bryce Harper seems to finally be turning it on. The Phillies are averaging 4.9 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.42 runs per game. The offense is ranked 9th in the league while the pitching is ranked 14th. On the mound for the Phillies is Cristopher Sanchez who sits with a 2-3 record and an ERA of 3.26.
Phillies Betting Trends
- The Phillies have won each of their last seven night games at Citizens Bank Park following a loss.
- The Phillies have covered the run line in each of their last six night games at Citizens Bank Park following a loss.
- The Phillies have led after 3 innings in each of their last four night games against National League opponents.
- The Phillies have led after 5 innings in each of their last four Wednesday games as underdogs.
Braves vs Phillies Facts
- The Philadelphia Phillies ranks T5th in the league for hits this season (1290).
- The Philadelphia Phillies ranks T5th in the league for doubles this season (270).
- The Atlanta Braves ranks 1st in the league for home runs this season (281).
- The Atlanta Braves ranks 1st in the league for RBI's this season (820).
Shane’s Free Pick
This total is too high. Strider sits with an ERA of 3.83 and Sanchez sits with an ERA of 3.26. I especially expect Strider is going to lockdown here, and the Phillies bats are going to be ice cold here. Sanchez is also going to lockdown here, and he’s also going to slowdown the Braves offense here. This game is going to finish with five or six runs total and the under is going to cash here with ease.