Angels at Mariners Prediction - MLB Picks 9/13/23
Seattle Mariners (79-65) vs Los Angeles Angels (68-77)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 4:10 pm (T-Mobile Park)
Luis Castillo (12-7) (3.13) vs () ()
Betting Odds: Seattle Mariners / Los Angeles Angels --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Seattle Mariners will host the Los Angeles Angels for their divisional series finale this Wednesday from T-Mobile Park. Seattle shut the Angels out last night with a 8-0 victory in game two.
Angels Preview & Projected Starter
Los Angeles moved to 68-78 after falling to Seattle. The Angels were silenced in game two, and they’ll attempt to steal the rubber match this Wednesday. The LAA offense is scoring 4.16 runs per game, while batting .257, with a .333 on-base percentage. The pitching staff carries a 4.43 ERA, with a 1.36 WHIP.
The Angels have yet to name a starter for this contest.
Angels Player Trends & Props
• Randal Grichuk continues to rake despite being dangled on waivers, and he brings a ten-game hit streak into this matchup, while producing a run in four of his last ix
• Brandon Drury homered in the game one victory, and he’s posting splits of .259/21/69.
• Mike Moustakas has has produced a run in three of the last six games, and he’s posting a line of .252/12/47.
Mariners Preview & Projected Starter
Seattle moved to 80-65 after defeating LAA. The Mariners snapped a four-game skid with a strong victory, and they’ll look to remain in the midst for one of the final AL Wild Card spots. The Seattle offense is 3.87 scoring runs per game, while batting .234, with a .313 on-base percentage. The pitching staff carries a 3.55 ERA, with a 1.19 WHIP.
Luis Castillo (12-7, 3.08 ERA, 191 Ks) will start for Seattle. The seventh-year pitcher dealt a gem in Tampa last week, striking out eight over six scoreless frames to earn his twelfth victory. Castillo bounced back from a poor outing in Queens with one of his finer outings of the season, and he’ll now look to avenge a rough August start against the Angels here. Castillo has excelled at home this season, posting a 7-3 record, with a 2.49 ERA through fifteen starts.
Mariners Player Trends & Props
• Julio Rodriguez has multiple hits in four straight contests, and he leads Seattle in batting (.289) and hits (170), with 30 home runs and 8 RBI.
• Teoscar Hernandez has recorded a hit in eight of the last ten games, and he’s posting splits of .267/25/87.
• Eugenio Suarez went yard in the game twp win, and he’s tallied 19 homers and 85 RBI for the season.
• Cal Raleigh homered in the game one loss, and he's second on the team with 28 home runs, with 68 runs batted in.
• J.P. Crawford plated three runs in the game two victory and he’s posting a line of .263/15/50.
Corey’s Free Pick
Seattle got back to business with a shutout victory last night, and they come into a great spot to close things out with Luis Castillo set to go at home. Castillo has been as advertised at T-Mobile Park this season, and he should be able to handle a makeshift Halos lineup on his own turf. Seattle should also feel the added pressure to win now, so let’s lean on them to close this series strong.