Minnesota Twins (75-69) vs Tampa Bay Rays (89-56)
Game Info: Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 7:40 pm (Target Field)
Joe Ryan (10-9) (4.21) vs Zack Littell (3-5) (4.29)
Betting Odds: Minnesota Twins -130 / Tampa Bay Rays +110 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Tampa Bay Rays will play the Minnesota Twins in Game 2 of their series on Tuesday night at Target Field in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Tampa Bay won the first game in this series by a score of 7-4 on Monday night.
The Tampa Bay Rays are 89-56 this season and they have won four games in a row. Tampa Bay came into this series after sweeping the Mariners in three games at home. The Rays have scored 6+ runs in four straight games. The Tampa Bay pitching staff has a 3.78 ERA, a 1.17 WHIP, and a .230 opponent batting average this year. The Rays offense has scored 773 runs with a .259 batting average and a .332 on base percentage. Isaac Paredes is batting .255 with 29 home runs and 89 RBI’s for the Rays. The projected starting pitcher for Tampa Bay is Zack Littell, who is 3-5 with a 4.29 ERA and a 1.21 WHIP over 71.1 innings pitched this season.
The Minnesota Twins are 75-69 this season and they have lost three of their last five games. Prior to this series, Minnesota won two out of three games against the Mets at home. The Twins currently have a huge lead in the AL Central and they are going to wrap up the division title sooner rather than later. The Minnesota pitching staff has a 3.93 ERA, a 1.21 WHIP, and a .237 opponent batting average. The Twins offense has scored 668 runs with a .242 batting average and a .323 on base percentage this season. Carlos Correa is batting .228 with 18 home runs and 63 RBI’s for the Twins. The projected starting pitcher for Minnesota is Joe Ryan, who is 10-9 with a 4.21 ERA and a 1.12 WHIP over 141 innings pitched this year.
Minnesota Twins Team Facts
- The Twins have lost each of their last four games as home favorites against American League opponents following a home loss.
- The Twins have failed to cover the run line in each of their last seven games as home favorites against American League opponents following a home loss.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the last five night games between the Rays and Twins at Target Field.
Tampa Bay Rays Team Facts
- The Rays have won each of their last three games as road underdogs.
- The Rays have covered the run line in each of their last seven games.
- The Rays have led after 5 innings in each of their last four night games against AL Central opponents that held a winning record.
- The Rays have led after 7 innings in each of their last four games against opponents that held a winning record.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rays' last four games as underdogs against AL Central opponents.
Tampa Bay Rays Player Prop Facts
- Yandy Diaz ranks 5th amongst qualified players for On Base Percentage (.404) this season.
- The Minnesota Twins ranks 4th in the league for walks allowed this season (403).
- The Minnesota Twins ranks 4th in the league for opponent batting average this season (.237).
- The Tampa Bay Rays ranks 2nd in the league for steals this season (154).
- The Tampa Bay Rays are one of only 2 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both steals and home runs this season.
The Twins will look to bounce back in this game after their Game 1 loss and they are 42-31 at home this season. On the other side, the Rays trail the Orioles by three games in the AL East and they are 39-31 on the road. Tampa Bay is starting Zack Littell, who has allowed four earned runs in three of his last four starts. Minnesota is starting Joe Ryan, who has allowed two earned runs or fewer in three straight outings. Joe Ryan has been solid for most of this season, while Littell has struggled a little bit recently. I like the Twins at home in this matchup.