Padres vs Dodgers Prediction - MLB Picks 9/12/23
Los Angeles Dodgers (87-55) vs San Diego Padres (67-77)
Game Info: Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 10:10 pm (Dodger Stadium)
Lance Lynn (10-11) (6.09) vs Michael Wacha (11-3) (2.99)
Betting Odds: Los Angeles Dodgers -155 / San Diego Padres +142 --- Over/Under: 9.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Stream Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The San Diego Padres and Los Angeles Dodgers face off on Tuesday in an MLB showdown at Dodger Stadium. On Monday it was the Padres that were able to secure the 11-8 victory.
Wacha Has Been a Bright Spot
On the mound for the Padres will be Michael Wacha and he comes into this game with an 11-3 record and an ERA of 2.99. In his last start against the Phillies he went four innings and gave up three runs. Wacha needs the pitching to be good here. The Padres are averaging 4.55 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.13 runs per game. The offense is ranked 17th in the league while the pitching is ranked 4th.
Padres Betting Preview
- The Padres have lost seven of their last eight night games against National League opponents following a win.
- The Padres have failed to cover the run line in seven of their last eight night games against National League opponents following a win.
- The Padres have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last four games at Dodger Stadium.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Padres' last four games against NL West opponents.
- The Padres have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last four games at Dodger Stadium against National League opponents that held a winning record.
Dodgers Offense Has Been Elite
The Dodgers offense has been the strength this season and they are going to need to run up the score here again. Over the weekend the Dodgers faced off against the Nationals and they scored six points. The Dodges are averaging 5.64 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.42 runs per game. The offense is ranked 2nd in the league while the pitching is ranked 15th. On the mound for the Dodgers will be Lance Lynn who sits with a 10-11 record and an ERA of 6.09. In his last start against the Marlins he went 4.2 innings giving up seven hits and eight runs.
Dodgers Betting Preview
- The underdogs have won each of the last three games between the Padres and Dodgers.
- The Dodgers have covered the run line in six of their last seven games as favorites against NL West opponents.
- The Dodgers have led after 5 innings in each of their last seven Tuesday night games against opponents that held a losing record.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Dodgers' last four games as favorites.
- The Dodgers have led after 3 innings in each of their last seven home games against NL West opponents.
Padres vs Dodgers Facts
- The Los Angeles Dodgers ranks 2nd in the league for home runs this season (224).
- The Los Angeles Dodgers ranks 2nd in the league for RBI's this season (783).
- The San Diego Padres ranks 5th in the league for ERA this season (3.89).
- The San Diego Padres ranks T5th in the league for hits allowed this season (1156).
Shane’s Free Pick
Lynn has had some issues coming into this start, and he’s going to really struggle again in this game. The Padres offense has been inconsistent, and they are going to have no issue running up the score again in this game. Wacha is going to have a strong start and that is going to be the difference here as the Padres are going to be the team that is going to get the job done. Back the Padres on the money line.