Cubs vs Rockies Prediction - MLB Picks 9/12/23
Colorado Rockies (51-91) vs Chicago Cubs (77-67)
Game Info: Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 8:40 pm (Coors Field)
Chris Flexen (1-7) (7.36) vs Javier Assad (3-2) (2.83)
Betting Odds: Colorado Rockies +165 / Chicago Cubs -180 --- Over/Under: 11.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Marquee Sports Network Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Chicago Cubs and Colorado Rockies face off on Tuesday in an MLB showdown at Coors Field. On Monday it was the Cubs that were able to secure the 5-4 victory.
Cubs Need Every Win
The Cubs really struggled against the Arizona Diamondbacks in the first three games but on Sunday they were able to secure the victory. The Cubs pitching only gave up two runs and that enough for the victory. The Cubs are averaging 5.04 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.37 runs per game. The offense is ranked 7th in the league while the pitching is ranked 13th. On the mound for the Cubs will be Javier Assad who sits with a 3-3 record and an ERA of 2.83. In his last start against the Diamondbacks he went 5.1 innings giving up seven hits and three runs.
Cubs Betting Preview
- The Rockies have lost each of their last six home games against National League opponents.
- The underdogs have covered the run line in seven of the last eight games between the Cubs and Rockies.
- The Rockies have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last four games against opponents that held a winning record.
Chris Flexen Needs to be Better Here
On the mound for the Rockies will be Chris Flexen who sits a 1-7 record and an ERA of 7.36. In his last start against the Diamondbacks he went 2.1 innings giving up four hits and six runs. It has been an awful season for the Rockies and now they are coming off a Sunday night baseball game against the San Francisco Giants. In the first two games of the series the pitching gave up 18 runs total. On Monday the Cubs scored two runs in the top of the 9th to secure the win. The Rockies are averaging 4.39 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.95 runs per game. The offense is ranked 19th in the league while the pitching is ranked 30th.
Rockies Betting Preview
- The Cubs have lost four of their last five games as road favorites against the Rockies following a win.
- The Cubs have failed to cover the run line in each of their last six night games following a road win.
- The Cubs have lost the first inning in each of their last three night games against National League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Cubs' last three night games against National League opponents.
Cubs vs Rockies Facts
- The Colorado Rockies ranks 30th in the league for opponent batting average this season (.287).
- The Colorado Rockies ranks 30th in the league for hits allowed this season (1408).
- The Chicago Cubs ranks 7th in the league for runs scored this season (730).
- The Chicago Cubs ranks 7th in the league for RBI's this season (703).
Shane’s Free Pick
Flexen has been awful this season, and he’s going to be lit up again in this game. Flexen gave up six runs in his last start and he’s going to be dominated again in this game. Look for the Cubs to run up the score, especially at Coors Field, and that is going to be the difference here as the Cubs are going to have no issue getting the job done. This is going to be a blowout victory. Back the Cubs -1.5 to cash here.