Athletics vs Astros Prediction - MLB Picks 9/12/23
Houston Astros (82-62) vs Oakland Athletics (44-99)
Game Info: Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 8:10 pm (Minute Maid Park)
Justin Verlander (11-7) (3.23) vs JP Sears (4-11) (4.45)
Betting Odds: Houston Astros -285 / Oakland Athletics +250 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: AT&T Sports Net Southwest Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Oakland Athletics and Houston Astros face off on Tuesday in an MLB showdown at Minute Maid Park. The Athletics were able to secure the victory in the first game.
Can the A’s play Spoilers?
The Athletics are just hoping for this season to end and they are coming off another loss on Sunday. On Sunday the Rangers pitching gave up nine runs and that led to the defeat. The Athletics are averaging 3.68 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.78 runs per game. The offense is ranked 30th while the pitching is ranked 29th. On the mound for the A’s will be JP Sears and he sits with a 4-11 record and an ERA of 4.51. In his last start he went five innings giving up four hits and one run.
Athletics Betting Preview
- The Athletics have lost eight of their last nine road games against AL West opponents following a win.
- The Athletics have covered the run line in eight of their last nine games against AL West opponents.
Astros Bats Need to be Strong
The Astros have won two games in a row and the bats have a ton of confidence heading into this game. On Sunday the Astros scored 12 runs and ended up winning by ten. Jose Altuve finished with one home run and three runs driven in. The Astros are averaging 5.16 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.36 runs per game. The offense is ranked 5th in the league while the pitching is ranked 11th. On the mound for the Astros will be Justin Verlander who sits with an 11-7 record and an ERA of 3.23. In his last start he went seven innings giving up four hits and two runs.
Astros Betting Preview
- The Astros have lost each of their last five games as favorites against AL West opponents.
- The Astros have failed to cover the run line in each of their last five games as favorites against AL West opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Astros' last three home games.
- The Astros have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last five games as home favorites against AL West opponents.
- The Astros have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last five games as home favorites against AL West opponents.
Athletics vs Astros Facts
- The Houston Astros ranks 4th in the league for hits this season (1296).
- The Houston Astros ranks 4th in the league for batting average this season (.260).
- The Oakland Athletics ranks 30th in the league for batting average this season (.225).
- The Oakland Athletics ranks 30th in the league for slugging percentage this season (.374).
Shane’s Free Pick
This is a game the Athletics can actually win. Sears is coming off a strong start and the Astros are going to struggle scoring here. Verlander has been good, but it’s going to only take a couple of runs by the A’s to get the job done. I wouldn’t bet this game big, but the A’s are the bet here, especially at huge plus money. Back the Athletics on the money line.