Angels vs Mariners Prediction - MLB Picks 9/12/23
Seattle Mariners (79-64) vs Los Angeles Angels (67-77)
Game Info: Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 9:40 pm (T-Mobile Park)
Bryan Woo (2-4) (4.50) vs Patrick Sandoval (7-12) (4.51)
Betting Odds: Seattle Mariners -213 / Los Angeles Angels +177 --- Over/Under: 7.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally sports West Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Los Angeles Angels and Seattle Mariners face off on Tuesday in an MLB showdown at T-Mobile Park. On Monday it was the Angels that were able to secure the 8-5 victory.
This is a Must win for the Mariners
The Mariners are only a few games out of first spot in the American League West, but they are still battling to even make the playoffs. They are neck and neck with the Rangers for the last wild card spot. The Mariners are averaging 4.78 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.07 runs per game. The offense is ranked 10th while the pitching is ranked 4th. On the mound for the Mariners will be Brian Woo who sits with a 2-4 record and an ERA of 4.50. The Mariners need Woo to be good here.
Mariners Betting Preview
- The Mariners have won eight of their last nine home games against AL West opponents following a home loss.
- The Mariners have failed to cover the run line in each of their last seven games against American League opponents after playing the previous day.
- The Mariners have won the first inning in each of their last three night games against the Angels at T-Mobile Park.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Mariners' last four games.
- The Mariners have led after 3 innings in each of their last three night games against American League opponents.
Can the Angels Close out the Season Strong?
Since the trade deadline the Angels have really had some issues but they are coming off a series against the Cleveland Guardians where they were able to win three of the four games. On Sunday the pitching was lights out giving up only one run. The Angels are averaging 4.67 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.15 runs per game. The offense is ranked 12th while the pitching is ranked 25th. On the mound for the Angels will be Patrick Sandoval who sits with a 7-12 record and an ERA of 4.31.
Angels Betting Preview
- The Angels have won four of their last five games as underdogs against American League opponents.
- The Angels have covered the run line in each of their last six road games following an extra innings win.
- The Angels have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last four night games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
- The Angels have lost the first inning in each of their last five games against opponents that held a losing record at T-Mobile Park.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Angels' last three games.
Mariners vs Angels Facts
- The Seattle Mariners ranks 2nd in the league for ERA this season (3.75).
- The Seattle Mariners ranks T28th in the league for triples this season (11).
- The Los Angeles Angels ranks 27th in the league for steals this season (71).
- The Los Angeles Angels ranks 26th in the league for runs allowed this season (742).
Shane’s Free Pick
The Mariners need the wins more than the Angels and they are actually more motivated for this game. Woo is going to lockdown the Angels bats. I also don’t trust Sandoval and the Mariners are going to have no issue running up the score here. This is going to be a very comfortable victory for Seattle. Back the Mariners on the money line to cash here.