Yankees vs Red Sox Prediction - MLB Picks 9/11/23
Boston Red Sox (73-70) vs New York Yankees (71-72)
Game Info: Monday, September 11, 2023 at 7:10 pm (Fenway Park)
Kutter Crawford (6-7) (4.36) vs Clarke Schmidt (9-8) (4.54)
Betting Odds: Boston Red Sox -130 / New York Yankees +110 --- Over/Under: 9.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The New York Yankees will play the Boston Red Sox in Game 1 of their series on Monday night at Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts. Boston comes into this game after another series loss, while New York has played some of their best baseball of the year recently.
The New York Yankees are 71-72 this season and they have won nine of their last thirteen games. New York is coming off of a series loss against the Brewers, where they lost two out of three games. The Yankees have allowed 8+ runs in three of their last four games. The New York pitching staff has a 3.99 ERA, a 1.23 WHIP, and a .233 opponent batting average this year. The Yankees offense has scored 602 runs with a .225 batting average and a .302 on base percentage. Gleyber Torres is batting .269 with 25 home runs and 62 RBI’s for the Yankees. The projected starting pitcher for New York is Clarke Schmidt, who is 9-8 with a 4.54 ERA and a 1.32 WHIP over 140.2 innings pitched this season.
Red Sox Preview
The Boston Red Sox are 73-70 this season and they have lost four of their last five games. Boston is coming off of a series loss against Baltimore, where they lost two out of three games. The Red Sox have lost four of their last five series and are six games out of the last Wild Card spot. The Boston pitching staff has a 4.62 ERA, a 1.36 WHIP, and a .260 opponent batting average. The Red Sox offense has scored 718 runs with a .264 batting average and a .329 on base percentage this season. Justin Turner is batting .285 with 23 home runs and 94 RBI’s for the Red Sox. The projected starting pitcher for Boston is Kutter Crawford, who is 6-7 with a 4.36 ERA and a 1.16 WHIP over 107.1 innings pitched this year.
Boston Red Sox Team Facts
- The Red Sox have lost each of their last four games as home favorites against AL East opponents.
- The Red Sox have covered the run line in each of their last eight games against the Yankees at Fenway Park following a win.
- The Red Sox have trailed after 3 innings in four of their last five games as favorites against AL East opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Red Sox's last three games as home favorites.
- The Red Sox have trailed after 7 innings in four of their last five games as favorites against AL East opponents.
New York Yankees Team Facts
- The Yankees have won each of their last four games as underdogs.
- The Yankees have covered the run line in each of their last nine games as road underdogs following an extra innings win.
- The Yankees have led after 5 innings in four of their last five games as underdogs.
- The Yankees have led after 7 innings in each of their last four games as underdogs against American League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Yankees' last four night games against American League opponents.
- The Boston Red Sox ranks 3rd in the league for batting average this season (.264).
- The Boston Red Sox ranks 26th in the league for home runs allowed this season (192).
- The New York Yankees ranks 29th in the league for batting average this season (.225).
- The New York Yankees ranks 3rd in the league for opponent batting average this season (.233).
The Red Sox come into this series just about out of contention for an AL Wild Card spot, but they will take on a New York team that is only two games behind them in the AL East standings. Boston has won eight of the nine meetings this year and will be at home here. Boston is starting Kutter Crawford, who has allowed 11 earned runs in his last 6.1 innings of work. New York is starting Clarke Schmidt, who has allowed three earned runs or fewer in four consecutive starts. The Yankees have been playing pretty well recently and I think they have the edge in starting pitcher. Take New York here.