Guardians at Giants Prediction - MLB Picks 9/11/23
San Francisco Giants (73-70) vs Cleveland Guardians (68-76)
Game Info: Monday, September 11, 2023 at 9:45 pm (Oracle Park)
Alex Cobb (7-6) (3.74) vs Gavin Williams (2-5) (3.34)
Betting Odds: San Francisco Giants -142 / Cleveland Guardians +130 --- Over/Under: 7.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Cleveland Guardians will remain in California and start an interleague series with the San Francisco Giants this Monday from Progressive Field.
Guardians Preview & Projected Starter
Cleveland moved to 68-76 after dropping three of four to LAA. The Guardians may have put the final nail in their season after failing to show up in Anaheim, and it’s unclear where their morale will be heading into the Bay this week. The Cleveland offense is scoring 3.98 runs per game, while batting .253, with a .316 on-base percentage. The pitching staff carries a 3.83 ERA, with a 1.26 WHIP.
Gavin Williams (2-5, 3.34 ERA, 72 Ks) will get the call for a level and. The rookie pitcher opening the month with a strong start against Minnesota, tossing five innings of one-run ball to earn his second victory of the season. This spot in San Fran will make the ECU product’s second career start on the west coast.
Guardians Player Trends & Props
• Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland home runs (22), while batting .273 with 73 RBI.
• Steven Kwan all had three base knocks, and he leads the team in hits (152), while batting .271.
• Andrés Giménez has scored a run in six of the last nine games, and he’s posting splits of .233/12/50.
• Josh Naylor produced a run in last night’s defeat to extend his team-lead to 85 RBI, with sixteen homers.
Giants Preview & Projected Starter
San Francisco comes in at 73-70 after sweeping Colorado. The Giants had a much-needed strong showing at home this weekend, after being swept back-to-back times on the road, and they’ll attempt to win a fourth straight here Monday. The San Francisco offense is scoring 4.81 runs per game, while batting .250, with a .326 on-base percentage. The pitching staff carries a 3.89 ERA, with a 1.29 WHIP.
Alex Cobb (7-6, 3.74 ERA, 91 Ks) will get the start for San Francisco. The twelfth-year righty did not have fun in San Diego last week, allowing four runs thru three innings to take his sixth loss. Wood tossed a near no-hitter in his final start of August at home versus Cincinnati, and he’ll look to get back to those ways here against Cleveland.
Giants Player Trends & Props
• Wilmer Flores has taken a walk in four straight games, and he leads the Giants in batting (.288) and home runs (20), with 50 RBI.
• J.D Davis has recorded a hit in seven of the last ten games, and he leads SFG in hits (105), with fifteen home runs and 60 RBI.
• Thairo Estrada has collected a hit in eight of the last nine games, and he’s posting splits of .274/10/41.
Corey’s Free Pick
San Francisco saved their playoff hopes with the sweep of Colorado, and I believe they’ll carry some of that momentum into this series with Cleveland. The Guardians looked lifeless in Anaheim, and the Giants should show some urgency and capitalize on these matchups at home. It may not be a sweep, but I like San Francisco taking game one.