Cardinals vs Orioles Prediction - MLB Picks 9/11/23
Baltimore Orioles (90-52) vs St. Louis Cardinals (63-80)
Game Info: Monday, September 11, 2023 at 6:35 pm (Oriole Park at Camden Yards)
John Means (0-0) (0.00) vs Dakota Hudson (6-1) (4.43)
Betting Odds: Baltimore Orioles -162 / St. Louis Cardinals +136 --- Over/Under: 9 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The St. Louis Cardinals will play the Baltimore Orioles in Game 1 of their series on Monday night at Camden Yards in Baltimore, Maryland. Baltimore had their winning streak snapped on Sunday, while St. Louis has played pretty well over the last 11 games.
The St. Louis Cardinals are 63-80 this season and they have won five of their last seven games. St. Louis is coming off of a series win against Cincinnati, where they won two out of three games. The Cardinals have scored 5+ runs in six of their last eight games. The St. Louis pitching staff has a 4.75 ERA, a 1.45 WHIP, and a .275 opponent batting average this year. The Cardinals offense has scored 655 runs with a .253 batting average and a .328 on base percentage. Paul Goldschmidt is batting .273 with 23 home runs and 73 RBI’s for the Cardinals. The projected starting pitcher for St. Louis is Dakota Hudson, who is 6-1 with a 4.43 ERA and a 1.36 WHIP over 61 innings pitched this season.
The Baltimore Orioles are 90-52 this season and they have won seven of their last eight games. Baltimore is coming off of a series win against Boston, where they won two out of three games. The Orioles only scored three runs on Sunday, but they had scored 5+ runs in the previous seven games. The Baltimore pitching staff has a 4.04 ERA, a 1.27 WHIP, and a .246 opponent batting average. The Orioles offense has scored 728 runs with a .258 batting average and a .324 on base percentage this season. Anthony Santander is batting .261 with 27 home runs and 83 RBI’s for the Orioles. The projected starting pitcher for Baltimore is John Means, who is making his season debut.
Baltimore Orioles Team Facts
- The Orioles have won each of their last nine night games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Orioles have covered the run line in seven of their last eight games as favorites following a road loss.
- The Orioles have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last three night games against National League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Orioles' last five night games.
- The Orioles have led after 5 innings in each of their last five night games.
St. Louis Cardinals Team Facts
- The Cardinals have won four of their last five games as road underdogs against AL East opponents following a road loss.
- The Cardinals have covered the run line in seven of their last eight games against AL East opponents following a loss.
- The Cardinals have led after 3 innings in four of their last six games as road underdogs against AL East opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Cardinals' last six games as road underdogs against American League opponents.
- The Cardinals have led after 5 innings in four of their last five games as underdogs against American League opponents.
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks 6th in the league for runs scored this season (728).
- The Baltimore Orioles ranks 6th in the league for RBI's this season (705).
- The St. Louis Cardinals ranks T28th in the league for triples this season (11).
- The St. Louis Cardinals ranks 28th in the league for strikeouts this season (1085).
Baltimore lost their seven game winning streak on Sunday afternoon, but they still lead the AL East by a few games over Tampa Bay. The Cardinals have played well recently, but they are only 32-40 on the road this season. Baltimore is starting John Means, who is making his season debut for the Orioles. St. Louis is starting Dakota Hudson, who has allowed 5 earned runs in two of his last three starts, with both of the poor outings coming on the road. I like Baltimore to win this game by at least two runs.