Mariners vs Rays Prediction - MLB Picks 9/9/23
Tampa Bay Rays (85-56) vs Seattle Mariners (79-61)
Game Info: Saturday, September 9, 2023 at 4:05 pm (Tropicana Field)
Aaron Civale (7-3) (2.76) vs Bryan Woo (2-4) (4.50)
Betting Odds: Tampa Bay Rays -118 / Seattle Mariners +108 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FS1 Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Seattle Mariners and Tampa Bay Rays face off on Sunday in an MLB showdown at Tropicana Field. On Friday it was the Rays that were able to secure the 7-4 victory.
Aaron Civale Has Been Consisitent
On the mound for the Rays will be Aaron Civale who sits with a 7-3 record and an ERA of 2.76. In his last start against the Boston Red Sox he went 5.1 innings giving up two hits and three runs. Each of his last two starts he has given up two runs. The Rays are averaging 5.29 runs while their pitching is giving up 3.96 runs per game. The offense is ranked 4th in the league while the pitching is ranked 1st.
Rays Betting Preview
- The Rays have lost three of their last four games as favorites against AL West opponents following a home win.
- The underdogs have covered the run line in 14 of the last 15 games between the Mariners and Rays at Tropicana Field.
Mariners Battle for Playoffs
The Mariners are not only battling for the American League West, they are trying to make sure they don’t miss out on the playoffs by sliding out of the Wild Card spot. The Mariners are averaging 4.79 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.03 runs per game. The offense is ranked 10th while the pitching is ranked 2nd. On Friday the Mariners pitching wasn't good enough and if they are going to want to make the playoffs it's going to need to be the pitching that really steps up for them.
Mariners Betting Preview
- The Mariners have won each of their last seven games as road underdogs against American League opponents.
- The Mariners have covered the run line in each of their last 10 games as road underdogs.
- The Mariners have led after 7 innings in four of their last six games as road underdogs against American League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Mariners' last four day games against AL East opponents.
- The Mariners have led after 5 innings in each of their last six road games against American League opponents that held a winning record.
Rays vs Mariners Facts
- The Tampa Bay Rays ranks 2nd in the league for steals this season (152).
- The Tampa Bay Rays are one of only 2 teams in the league to rank top 10 in both steals and home runs this season.
- The Seattle Mariners ranks 2nd in the league for ERA this season (3.72).
- The Seattle Mariners ranks 2nd in the league for runs allowed this season (571).
Shane’s Free Pick
Civale is going to have a strong start here, and the Rays are going to find success here after a good start. The Rays offense is ranked 4th in baseball and they are going to give Civale plenty of run support here. The Mariners aren’t going to be keeping up and the Rays are going to get the job done here.