Athletics vs Rangers Prediction - MLB Picks 9/9/23
Texas Rangers (76-64) vs Oakland Athletics (44-97)
Game Info: Saturday, September 9, 2023 at 7:05 pm (Globe Life Field)
Nathan Eovaldi (11-4) (2.95) vs Kyle Muller (1-5) (7.62)
Betting Odds: Texas Rangers -355 / Oakland Athletics +280 --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: MLB.tv Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Oakland Athletics will play the Texas Rangers in Game 2 of their series on Saturday night at Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas. Oakland won the first game in this series by a score of 6-3 on Friday night and the Rangers’ playoff hopes are starting to drop.
The Oakland Athletics are 44-97 this season and they have won five of their last seven games. Prior to winning the first game in this series, Oakland lost two out of three games to the Blue Jays at home. The Athletics have scored 5+ runs in four of their last five games and are currently one of the hottest teams in the MLB. The Oakland pitching staff has a 5.59 ERA, a 1.53 WHIP, and a .269 opponent batting average this year. The Athletics offense has scored 521 runs with a .225 batting average and a .301 on base percentage. Brent Rooker is batting .243 with 23 home runs and 57 RBI’s for the Athletics. The projected starting pitcher for Oakland is Kyle Muller, who is 1-5 with a 7.62 ERA and a 1.93 WHIP over 67.1 innings pitched this season.
The Texas Rangers are 76-64 this season and they have lost seven of their last eight games. Texas came into this series after losing all three of their games at home against the Astros. The Rangers have played very poorly over the last month or so, and they are now on the outside looking in for the playoffs. The Texas pitching staff has a 4.32 ERA, a 1.27 WHIP, and a .246 opponent batting average. The Rangers offense has scored 765 runs with a .266 batting average and a .337 on base percentage this season. Corey Seager is batting .338 with 29 home runs and 86 RBI’s for the Rangers. The projected starting pitcher for Texas is Nathan Eovaldi, who is 11-4 with a 2.95 ERA and a 1.05 WHIP over 125 innings pitched this year.
Texas Rangers Team Facts
- The underdogs have won 10 of the Rangers' last 11 games at Globe Life Field.
- The Rangers have failed to cover the run line in each of their last 11 games at Globe Life Field.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Rangers' last six home games.
- The Rangers have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five games as home favorites against AL West opponents.
Oakland Athletics Team Facts
- The Athletics have lost each of their last six road games against AL West opponents following a road win.
- The Athletics have covered the run line in each of their last six games against AL West opponents.
- The Athletics have led after 7 innings in five of their last six games as underdogs against AL West opponents.
Oakland Athletics Player Prop Facts
- Shea Langeliers has hit a home run in each of the Athletics' last two games against the Rangers at Globe Life Field.
- Ryan Noda has recorded at least one RBI in four of the Athletics' last five games as underdogs against AL West opponents.
- Brent Rooker has scored a run in each of the Athletics' last four games as underdogs against AL West opponents.
- Ryan Noda has recorded at least one total base in each of the Athletics' last five games against AL West opponents.
- Ryan Noda has recorded at least one hit in each of the Athletics' last five games against AL West opponents.
- The Texas Rangers ranks 2nd in the league for batting average this season (.266).
- The Texas Rangers ranks 3rd in the league for runs scored this season (765).
- The Oakland Athletics ranks 30th in the league for RBI's this season (502).
- The Oakland Athletics ranks 30th in the league for batting average this season (.225).
The Rangers come into this matchup as a huge favorite to win, but they have played very poorly recently. Oakland is one of the worst teams in the MLB this season, but they have actually played very well over the last week. The Athletics are starting Kyle Muller, who has allowed nine earned runs in his last eight innings of work. The Rangers are starting Nathan Eovaldi, who allowed four runs over 1.1 innings in his return from the IL against Houston. I am going to fade Texas in this matchup and take Oakland +1.5.