Pirates vs Braves Prediction - MLB Picks 9/8/23
Atlanta Braves (90-48) vs Pittsburgh Pirates (65-75)
Game Info: Friday, September 8, 2023 at 7:20 pm (Truist Park)
Bryce Elder (11-4) (3.42) vs Mitch Keller (11-8) (3.93)
Betting Odds: Atlanta Braves -220 / Pittsburgh Pirates +198 --- Over/Under: 10 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Bally Sports Southeast Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Pittsburgh Pirates and Atlanta Braves face off on Friday in an MLB showdown at SunTrust Park.
Pirates Coming Off Series Win
The Pirates are coming off a series win against the Milwaukee Brewers and the pitching was strong in those two wins. On Wednesday, the Pirates scored five runs and they fought back in that game for the victory. The Pirates had five different players that finished with one RBI. The Pirates are averaging 4.21 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.81 runs per game. The offense is ranked 24th in the league and the pitching is ranked 21st. On the mound for the Pirates will be Mitch Keller who sits with an 11-8 record and an ERA of 3.93.
Pirates Betting Trends
- The Pirates have lost each of their last 10 games at Truist Park against teams that held a winning record.
- The favorites have covered the run line in each of the Pirates' last seven games at Truist Park.
- The Pirates have trailed after 5 innings in each of their last five night games at Truist Park against NL East opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Pirates' last four night games.
- The Pirates have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five games at Truist Park against NL East opponents that held a winning record.
Braves Pitching Struggling?
In the first two games of the series against the St. Louis Cardinals the pitching was awful and they gave up 21 runs total. In the two games the offense did scored 12 runs total which usually would be enough to win both games, but not with as bad as the pitching was. The Braves overall are averaging 5.8 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.14 runs per game. The offense is ranked 1st while the pitching is ranked 5th.
Braves Betting Trends
- The Braves have won each of their last 11 night games following a win.
- The favorites have covered the run line in each of the last seven games between the Pirates and Braves at Truist Park.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Braves' last five home games against NL Central opponents.
- The Braves have led after 3 innings in each of their last five Friday home games.
- The Braves have led after 7 innings in each of their last seven games against the Pirates at Truist Park.
Pirates vs Braves Facts
- The Atlanta Braves ranks 1st in the league for home runs this season (270).
- The Atlanta Braves ranks 1st in the league for RBI's this season (782).
- The Pittsburgh Pirates ranks 27th in the league for home runs this season (137).
- The Pittsburgh Pirates ranks T4th in the league for triples this season (27).
Shane's Free Pick
The Braves pitching has been an issue heading into this game but in this game it’s going to be the offense that is going to really let them down. Keller sits with an ERA of 3.93 and he’s going to have a strong start here, even against a good offense. The lack of scoring by the Braves is going to be the difference as the Pirates are going to get the job done. Back the Pirates on the money line to cash.