Dodgers vs Marlins Prediction - MLB Picks 9/7/23
Miami Marlins (71-67) vs Los Angeles Dodgers (84-53)
Game Info: Thursday, September 7, 2023 at 6:40 pm (loanDepot park)
Braxton Garrett (8-5) (3.86) vs Ryan Pepiot (1-0) (1.29)
Betting Odds: Miami Marlins +106 / Los Angeles Dodgers -123 --- Over/Under: 8.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Los Angeles Dodgers and Miami Marlins face off on Thursday in an MLB showdown at Marlins Park. The Marlins have won the first two games of this series.
Peipot Getting Called Back Up
The Dodgers are calling back up Ryan Peipot for this start after Julio Urias was put on administrative leave. So far this season he sits with a 1-0 record and an ERA of 1.29. His last start came against the Diamondbacks and he went five innings giving up two hits and zero runs. Even though he’s limited in experience he has been good in his three appearances. The Dodgers are averaging 5.58 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.39 runs per game. In this game if Peipot is good, the Dodgers will be in good shape to secure the win.
Dodgers Betting Preview
- The Dodgers have lost seven of their last eight night games against NL East opponents.
- The Dodgers have failed to cover the run line in each of their last six night games against the Marlins following a road loss.
- The Dodgers have trailed after 5 innings in four of their last six games as favorites against NL East opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Dodgers' last five games against National League opponents.
Marlins Getting Hot at the Right Time?
The Marlins are battling for the playoffs and they look to be getting hot at the right time. In the first game of this series the Marlins scored six runs and that was enough for the three run victory. The Marlins are averaging 4.09 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.39 runs per game. The offense is ranked 25th but the pitching is ranked 14th. On the mound for the Marlins is Braxton Garrett who sits with an 8-5 record and an ERA of 3.86.
Marlins Betting Preview
- The Marlins have won each of their last six games.
- The Marlins have covered the run line in each of their last six games against National League opponents.
- The 'Inning 1 UNDER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Marlins' last four games as home underdogs against NL West opponents.
- The Marlins have led after 5 innings in three of their last four games as underdogs against NL West opponents.
Dodgers vs Marlins facts
- The Miami Marlins ranks T4th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1090).
- The Miami Marlins ranks T4th in the league for strikeouts this season (1290).
- The Los Angeles Dodgers ranks 2nd in the league for RBI's this season (744).
- The Los Angeles Dodgers ranks 2nd in the league for slugging percentage this season (.457).
Shane’s Free Pick
Ryan Peipot has been good heading into this game and he’s going to lockdown in this game. Peipot sits with an ERA of 1.29 and he’s going to lock down the Marlins here. The Marlins bats are going to be ice cold here, and they are going to struggle to score even a couple of runs. This is going to be an easy victory for the Dodgers. Back the Dodgers on the money line.