Phillies vs Padres Prediction - MLB Picks 9/6/23
San Diego Padres (65-74) vs Philadelphia Phillies (76-61)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 4:10 pm (Petco Park)
Michael Wacha (11-2) (2.85) vs Zack Wheeler (10-6) (3.57)
Betting Odds: San Diego Padres +100 / Philadelphia Phillies -110 --- Over/Under: 8 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Philadelphia Phillies and San Diego Padres face off on Wednesday in an MLB showdown at Petco Park. On Tuesday it was the Padres that were able to secure the 8-0 victory.
Wheeler Needs to Be Good
On the mound for the Phillies will be Zack Wheeler and he sits with a 10-6 record and an ERA of 3.62. In his last start against the Brewers he went six innings giving up five hits and three runs. The Philllies are averaging 4.91 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.38 runs per game. The offense is ranked 9th in the league while the pitching is ranked 14th. Kyle Schwarber has hit 40 home runs and driven in 89 RBIs.
Phillies Betting Preview
- The Phillies have won each of their last five road games against the Padres following a loss.
- The Phillies have covered the run line in each of their last five games against the Padres at Petco Park following a loss.
- The Phillies have trailed after 3 innings in four of their last six games as road favorites against NL West opponents.
- The Phillies have led after 7 innings in each of their last five Wednesday road games.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Phillies' last four day games against National League opponents.
Wacha has been Dominant
If Michael Wacha wasn’t pitching for the Padres there would be a lot more buzz about how well he has pitched this season. Wacha sits with an 11-2 record and an ERA of 2.85. In his last start against the San Francisco Giants he went six innings giving up six hits and two runs. The Padres are averaging 4.52 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.08 runs per game. The offense is ranked 16th while the pitching is ranked 4th. In this game it’s going to come down to the pitching again.
Padres Betting Preview
- The Padres have lost each of their last seven games against the Phillies at Petco Park following a home win.
- The Padres have failed to cover the run line in each of their last seven games against the Phillies at Petco Park following a win.
- The Padres have led after 7 innings in three of their last four games as home underdogs.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Padres' last seven day games against National League opponents.
- The Padres have led after 5 innings in each of their last eight Wednesday games against NL East opponents that held a winning record.
Phillies vs Padres Facts
- The San Diego Padres ranks T27th in the league for triples this season (11).
- The San Diego Padres ranks 4th in the league for opponent batting average this season (.238).
- The Philadelphia Phillies ranks 5th in the league for slugging percentage this season (.440).
- The Philadelphia Phillies ranks 6th in the league for hits this season (1228).
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to be low scoring. Wacha sits with an ERA of 2.85 and he’s going to lockdown again in this game. Wheeler has also been strong here, and he’s going to really lockdown here. The Padres offense has been inconsistent and they are going to really struggle to get going here. This game isn’t going to finish with only three or four runs total and that will be the difference as this game stays under the total.