Mets vs Nationals Prediction - MLB Picks 9/6/23
Washington Nationals (62-76) vs New York Mets (63-74)
Game Info: Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 7:05 pm (Nationals Park)
Joan Adon (2-1) (5.90) vs Jose Butto (0-2) (4.30)
Betting Odds: Washington Nationals +102 / New York Mets -122 --- Over/Under: 10 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: SNY Stream the MLB Game of the Day all season on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The New York Mets and Washington Nationals face off on Wednesday in an MLB showdown at Nationals Park.
Mets Getting Hot at the Right Time
The Mets come into this game having won two games in a row and on Tuesday they scored 11 runs on the way to the victory. The Mets scored four runs in the first inning and then never looked back on the way to the victory. Brandon Nimmo had quite the game finishing with three hits, three runs, and two home runs. The Mets are averaging 4.36 runs while their pitching is giving up 4.63 runs per game. The offense is ranked 20th in the league while the pitching is ranked 18th. Pete Alonso has hit 42 home runs and driven in 102 RBis. On the mound for the Mets is Jose Butto who sits with an 0-2 record and an ERA of 4.30.
Mets Betting Preview
- The Mets have lost four of their last five games as favorites against the Nationals following a road win.
- The Mets have covered the run line in each of their last eight night games following a win.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Mets' last three games as road favorites against NL East opponents.
- The Mets have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five Wednesday road games.
Nationals Need to Adon to Be Lights Out
On the mound for the Nationals is Joan Adon who sits with a 2-1 record but a high ERA of 5.90. In his last start against the Marlins he went five innings giving up nine hits and five runs. Two starts ago against the Marlins he went six innings giving up three hits and zero runs. On Tuesday the pitching was awful. The Nationals averaging 4.31 runs while their pitching is giving up 5.17 runs per game.
Nationals Betting Preview
- The Nationals have lost each of their last six games at Nationals Park.
- The Nationals have failed to cover the run line in each of their last six games at Nationals Park.
- The 'Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs' market has hit in each of the Nationals' last six games as underdogs.
- The Nationals have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five games at Nationals Park against National League opponents that held a losing record.
- The Nationals have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last four games against opponents that held a losing record.
Mets vs Nationals Facts
- The Washington Nationals ranks 29th in the league for home runs this season (127).
- The Washington Nationals ranks 29th in the league for strikeouts this season (1043).
- The New York Mets ranks 26th in the league for walks allowed this season (515).
- The New York Mets ranks 24th in the league for batting average this season (.239).
Shane’s Free Pick
There was no shortage of scoring on Tuesday and it’s going to be no different in this game. Adon in his last start really struggled giving up five runs and he’s going to really be awful here. The Nationals bats are also going to find a way to get to Butto here. Both teams are going to score at least six runs here, and this game is going to go over the total.